Spice Market Buffet

3667 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV

Tiffany Cheung
    4 Jul 19, 2014

I actually thought this buffet was the best one out of the three that we ate at (Rio's Carnival and Le Village Buffet included). We got here around 4:45 PM on a Saturday, which was super early as we had just eaten at Paris only five hours beforehand. But there was no wait at all, so we strolled through the line, got a table, and sat there for awhile before we got food. And pretty soon ten minutes later, there was a super long line! Talk about good timing. :)

The stations are pretty similar to the other buffets - Prime rib, salad, Asian, Italian, Seafood, Dessert, etc. They did have a Brazilian barbecue of lamb or beef off of skewers. That was pretty good. And yes, they had the crab legs. The only difference is that here, the crab legs are cut in half for you so you don't have to dig for the meat. So be prepared for the long lines. I stood behind a lady who took her time picking out all the crab legs ... and then she turned to me and said "my dinner..."

The clam chowder soup is good, and the prime rib is better than the other two buffets - very tender and delicious. Pretty worth it! I loaded my plate up with veggies - very fresh and the salad was crisp, too. The pizza, eh looked quite bad as if sitting there for a long time. They had some fried shrimp, I believe which was tasty.

The best part is the dessert! I think they also have a crepes station, but after the not so good crepes at Le Village, we decided to skip it. They have upside down cake with strawberries, chocolate cake, tarts, chocolate covered strawberries, creme brulee, cotton candy. I loaded up on the desserts and ended my meal with cotton candy - which was uberly sweet. And I also drank milk as my beverage. And feasted on some more creme brulee - which was not as good as Le Village! Not such a good combination with the prime rib, crab legs and whatnot and I ended up getting an upset stomach.

But! I really liked this buffet and the overall ambiance. The noise level is quite low and there are lots of booths/tables to divide up the room to give a more private sort of feeling. Don't forget to tip your server!

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBackpackersFamily TravelersFoodies
    John Abdou
    2 Jun 16, 2014

Brunch here can be okay as you can get a custom omelet and some orange juice. The desserts here were also okay. Otherwise its another below average Vegas buffet.

Re becca
    2 Apr 15, 2014

I am terribly displeased with my experience here at the Spice Buffet. Its not only grade D for Vegas but it can be considered one of the worse buffets I had ever been to.
    Not only were the food not fresh but the dessert section shouldn't even be called a dessert section, all it literally had was just cupcakes and some frozen cheap yogurt ?!

This is actually quite disheartening because just a couple years back SPICE market buffet was the go to buffet, rave reviews from everyone and now its literally a ghost town down those escalators.

Aside from that ,the service was not great, the people working there seemed to not know what they were doing. I had bought the meal ticket and Spice market was one of the options, when we presented our ticket to them they told me it was not accepted!? It took a bit before they were able to process it and made us walk to V theater to pick up a different voucher to dine there, i thought that move was just so inconvenient and unnecessary! I went back and told the same lady that had no idea what she was doing the situation and she rudely responded that this was just the way it was.

I say pay an extra 20 bucks and dine at a better buffet !

Grace Byun
    2 May 03, 2013

I used to love this buffet but I don't know if they are hurting but their desserts are just ice cream, cotton candy and hard cupcakes! Plus, the price used to be for lunch for one adult around $22-$23 (including tax), but now it cost over $27. It cost more to eat here than at Wicked Spoon buffet at Cosmo!

Joyce Cheng
    5 Mar 14, 2013

Definitely yummy. The price good for the food. They have a fair amount of variety and the quality is there. It's not A quality but for the price its good. It won't disappoint.

Ericayvette
    3 Oct 03, 2012

Sunday brunch is the perfect way to cure the common hangover. I'm the type of person that get's cranky HUNGRY after a night of partying and drinking. So buffets makes me happy =) The buffet is located downstairs of Planet Hollywood. Before this use to be the best place for sunday brunch now i really don't know what happen ... the quality has decreased thru the years. The only reason I go here is there is never a long line like the other buffets in Vegas. There are so many different stations to choose from... Seafood, Italian, Japanese, Asian, Mediterranean, American, Mexican, and of course breakfast. Good place to grab a quick bite if you really hungry!

John H.
    3 Sep 10, 2012

What used to be the Aladdin Resort's Spice Market Buffet is now Planet Hollywood's. The buffet is actually below the casino unlike other restaurants in the casino. The food selection is actually pretty good with food from different regions. Some better than others. The Japanese and Indian leave a lot to be desired. Sushi was blah and the tandoori chicken was way to dry. They did have other things that compensated though. I will say that there isn't a line for this buffet, but there are other (read: better) buffets at this price point.

Petey Hsieh
    1 Jul 05, 2012

I came to Vegas for work during April of 07. A friend mine took me here because of a good past experience when they were part of the Aladdin. What a freakin mistake! Well, a man near by our table suddenly stopped breathing. The paramedics came and let's just say the people who handled this were NOT thinking. They evacuated nearby tables (ours of course) without being relocated to anywhere else. We were just standing like dumb asses and we couldn't go back to our tables (which we had our valuables). How the heck were we supposed to eat standing up?! I've written a letter to their VP of food and beverage, Mr. Rick Holliday end of April. No response to date yet.

Oh yeah, the man was ok but we weren't so fortunate.
    The food wasn't great and the experience made it that much worse.
    Note: this is the only place I have given 1 star

Laura S
    3 Jul 05, 2012

More than 8 people, they charge you gratuity. Typical.

FOOD SELECTION:
    A large variety. They did offer a variety of foods. I give them that... but the quality... eh. I've had better buffets for the SAME price. They have a large selection of different types of foods and this was a big place, but I felt like the meat quality was lower than most places. But if you stick with the basics, you're good.

PRICE: $29.99

DESSERT: Lacking. I'm a dessert buff.

SEATING: Not too crowded - even during lunch.

OVERALL: Eh... I've had better.

Lorrie M

I'm actually a pretty big fan of this place as I've been coming here since the casino used to be Aladdin. I think it offers the most variety of buffet foods in all of Las Vegas and is priced reasonably for such a huge selection. All of their foods are also decently good so it is a filling and satisfying meal.

JohnMichael
    2 Jul 04, 2012

Where to eat where to eat? I remember back in the day that this used to be reputedly the best buffet in Vegas.... hmmmmmm

People wake me up to head downstairs for some grub... a lil too much grub. I finally realized why I gave up buffets in the first place.. i can't stop knowing that there's more and more for the taking. Grant it there is a lot of food... enough food for days of binging. They got asian, mexican, italian, and then some. Looks like one of the the boats off of Dangerous Catch off loaded here.

But honestly, i wasn't that excited by it all. Nothing really grabbed me by the taste buds and kicked me in the face. I am much more about quality than quantity... most of the time that is. The most appetizing item in the whole place walked out as i walked in wearing next to nothing in 2 inch stilletos.
    *sigh of resignation
    o_0

Sveta Berlyant
    4 Jul 16, 2012

Kitchen from many regions of the world. Try kebab in pomergranade sauce.

296 people visited Spice Market Buffet