Spitz: Home of the Doner Kebab

371 E 2nd Street, Los Angeles, CA
Spitz - Little Tokyo

LGBT

Doner fries with double meat. So good

LGBT

Cool place with a cool happy hour and pretty decent food. My number one reason for going here was the sweet potato fries. They were yummy! But then again, I've never met a sweet potato fry I didn't like! We had the Veg and Falafel sandwiches. They were both tasty, but the falafel was super dry. It had whole chickpeas in it, which was kind of cool, but overall, it was a bit too dry.

They have a bar area, outside patio, and gelato, so they can satisfy almost any craving!

I liked:
    Funky decor
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Great weekend happy hour (and 3-7 M-F too)

Did not like:
    Seeing employee preparing food chewing while in the kitchen area
    Seeing the girl who took our order walking around the restaurant eating a chicken kabob.
    Super dry falafel.

• Spitz: Home of the Doner KebabPro 2014

When you see all day happy hour on the weekends, it really means until 7pm. Yeah, I got confused about that.

This place is pretty poppin. Tucked away among Japanese writing everywhere is this poppy Mediterranean spot. There is alcohol here so you can get your drink on, but tap is pretty limited to a couple drinks. There are times when the line goes out the door and there's no place to sit, but that just attests to how poppin this place could get. It's darkish inside, but that's just how they decorated the place.

-=-Street Cart Doner, Chicken-=- This might be the safest thing to get for the gamey non-fans like me. Didn't try the lamb or the mixed meat, but just know that they offer all these options. It's tasty if you like Mediterranean flavor, but for my Mediterranean fix, I can think of more than a dozen other places I'd rather go. The one thing that Spitz wins though is making Mediterranean food trendy.

-=-Street Cart Fries-=- I think I've been spoiled way too much by all these super fries. These Street Cart Fries are good, cuz cmon, all fries are good... but these are only good if you agree with feta. Otherwise, go back to your carne asada fries.

• Spitz: Home of the Doner KebabAmbassador

I love gyro/doner/shawarma, so I was looking forward to trying Spitz. I wandered in for lunch last week and ordered the Street Cart Doner wrap, with Mixed Meat. I guess I misread the menu because I thought it came with the fried lavash chips on the side, but they are actually on the inside (not that I could detect them...). So my wrap looked a little lonely when it arrived. I also should have requested no green bell peppers, since I didn't care for that flavor in the wrap. I finished it, but felt slightly unsatisfied, so I also tried one of the Doquitos. This is what I should have started with, since the Doquito is like a large taquito made of lavash bread, and it is smothered in lots of lettuce, tomatoes, feta, onion, pepperoncini, green bell peppers (again, unfortunately), olives, and aioli. You practically have a Mediterranean salad on top. The only downside is that there wasn't much meat inside the Doquito. Since I had to go back to work, I didn't indulge in a Happy Hour drink, but I think I will try the sangria next time. They also had a menu of fun-looking specialty cocktails. So I was not blown away on my first visit, but I am pretty sure I will go back and give it another shot.

• Spitz: Home of the Doner Kebab

I've been to Spitz several times in the last few weeks. I love the Classic Doner served with street cart fries. Definitely one of my favorite spots in Little Tokyo. They also have a decent bar with beer, sangria, and some season cocktails. The only downside to this place is the parking.

Spiritual Seekers

Good falafels, watched World Cup games here - fun atmosphere for sports!

Good happy hours =]