Spur Gastropub

113 Blanchard, Seattle, WA 98121

371 people visited Spur Gastropub

Sunday 5:00 pm – 2:00 am Monday 5:00 pm – 2:00 am Tuesday 5:00 pm – 2:00 am Wednesday 5:00 pm – 2:00 am Thursday 5:00 pm – 2:00 am Friday 5:00 pm – 2:00 am Saturday 5:00 pm – 2:00 am

(206) 728-6706 ‎
  • website:

spurseattle.com

Lisa Russell
    5 Aug 30, 2013

The bartender was a chemist, and the menu is absolutely amazing. They feature fresh and delicious foods, presumably locally sourced. The combinations of flavors and textures was just amazing. I'd definitely return. At the bar, we enjoyed the 707, a drink made with a douglas-fir-infused eau de vie as well as a few other inventive selections from the house cocktail menu. Their menu changes seasonally and we were lucky enough to visit in the summer where we were treated to the most delicious heirloom tomatoes and a chicken liver terrine and the tastiest baby beets on the planet. It was easy to find gluten free menu items and vegetarians / vegans also have plenty to choose from.

Recommended for:Green TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersVegetarian
    Rene
    • Local Culture
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts

I've been eyeballing Spur for nearly a year. But Seattle is just one of those places on the map that I rarely visit. Well that is about to change as I now have the Emerald City in my territory, better get my rain gear on and get used to making monthly pilgrimages to the Pacific Northwest.

Small plates to be shared and a dangerous cocktail list all make Spur one of my favorite new eateries in Seattle. The casual vibe and friendly and efficient service had me hooked from the very start. Four of us stopped in for dinner and were seated a nice table in the center of the dining room. Our server came over and took care of drink orders right away (we were a thirsty bunch) and within minutes cocktails were brought over and our thirst quenched. My drink to start was a tequila concoction that combined chocolate and hot peppers, served up this was one fierce drink. One of my friends had a whiskey drink that was equally as good. In reality you can order anything on the list and I am sure you will be more than satisfied.

Since these are small plates, we made a plan that each of us would choose two items of the menu. Pork sliders for me were stood out along with the beets and pork belly. But don't forget the sausage, this dish was not initially on our radar but our server suggested and we were happy she did. The fois gras for us was borderline and was not the hit we had hoped.

The wine list included selections from all over the world. Since we were on the company's dime, I went with a lower priced blend from Washington state. It was delicious and worked with our meal to perfection.

A solid four star restaurant and I will definitely be back again soon.

victa_co

Awesome dinner - everything was great.

Hotels Near Spur Gastropub