Sqala Cafe Le Maure

• Sqala Cafe Le Maure
    Zora O'Neill
    5 Oct 23, 2013

I wish I'd gone back and eaten dinner here, after my truly fantabulous lunch. This was possibly the best meal I had on that trip to Morocco, and made my whole Casablanca stay very worthwhile. Unlike most Moroccan menus, which have the same five items, Sqala offers all kinds of fascinating dishes you don't see outside of people's homes, and some creative inventions of their own. I had a great stew of lamb, dill, desert truffles and saffron, and a shake with dates, almonds and orange blossom water. The setting is gorgeous, in a shady courtyard with fountains, and it's packed with locals. And the prices are very reasonable. You can walk here from the Hassan II mosque if it's not boiling hot out.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesVegetarian
  • Sqala Cafe Le MaurePro 2014
    Yanti
    4 Feb 08, 2014

I visited this place on the first day of my arrival as it was located in an old building at Casablanca but didn't have a meal there. When I took this photo, I had no idea that this cone-shaped pot was used to slow cook beef, chicken or even seafood called Tajine (only during later part of my trip that I tasted Tajine and love it!)

3 people visited Sqala Cafe Le Maure