Sri Mariamman Temple
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 91%History Buffs
- 82%Spiritual Seekers
- 74%Art & Design Lovers
- 59%Budget Travelers
- 51%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (21)
- Sri Mariamman TempleMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Dec 02, 2013
Sri Mariamman Temple is Singapore's oldest Hindu Temple. Located in Chinatown, this temple is almost 200 years old! Breathtaking exterior, and still in good shape. There is a fee to enter the temple, believe to be $3, but it is a good place to visit even if you aren't Hindu, to see the remarkable architecture of this place.Recommended for:Local Culture
- Sri Mariamman TempleMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Nov 03, 2013
Active hindu temple in the middle of China Town. A must see if you are in the area. A good place to wonder around and people watch. Pay careful attention to the graphic sculptures that adorn the building -- worth of a good horror film.
- Sri Mariamman TempleMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Oct 18, 2013
The oldest hindu temple in Singapore is located at the heart of Chinatown. Used as a refuge for new immigrants in colonial times, is still an important temple within the community.
- Sri Mariamman TempleMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Aug 28, 2013
The Hindu temple in Singapore is impressive in its traditional architecture, which showcases the different Gods standing atop of the main doorway entrance. Shoes need to be taken off and quiet silence is mandated to respect those who come to pray.
- Sri Mariamman TempleMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesLuxury Travelers+ 3Jul 05, 2012
As Singapore's oldest Hindu Temple, the Sri Mariamman Temple is both historically and architectural important to Singapore's identity. A major tourist attraction that is definitely worth a visit.Recommended for:History Buffs