Statue of Liberty
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 83%Art & Design Lovers
- 76%Local Culture
- 61%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 55%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (50)Write a review
- Statue of LibertyMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureFoodies+ 6Aug 21, 2013
The Statue of Liberty of Paris. I'm from New Jersey where THE Statue of Liberty is located. The gift from France has become one of the greatest icons for the US and one of the most well-known symbols in the world!Recommended for:
- Statue of LibertyMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Sep 08, 2013
you will find it ...and be surprised of the history, it is great to know the story of Eiffel and the Lady. i think it is one of the most special sights because of that.Recommended for:
- Statue of Liberty
- Statue of LibertyMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 2Oct 21, 2013
The Statute of Liberty is a tiny version compared to the large one in New York City. It's not much to see while you're going on a boat tour along the Seine River, but it's a nice reminder of America and France's long friendship.Recommended for:
- Statue of LibertyMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 13Nov 12, 2013
Replica of the Statue of Liberty located on a man-made island in the Seine. It is kind of cool, but considering how many amazing museums, churches, and other sights there are in Paris, this replica is something I would put lower on my list of priorities when visiting ParisRecommended for:
- Statue of LibertyAmbassadorMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 5Jul 04, 2012
A source of interest for a lot of Americans in Paris and a frequent moment to be mentioned on a bateau-mouche tour. I feel it's not as interesting as some other monuments in Paris.
- Statue of LibertyMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6Nov 13, 2013
I've seen both Statues of Liberty in my life and this one is definitely less inspiring though it reminds me of the Franco-American friendship that the big statue represents.Recommended for:
- Statue of LibertyMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersFoodiesSep 18, 2012
The Statue de la Liberté is a smaller version of the one that France gave to the United States and is now in New York Harbor. This version is quite a bit smaller and you might even miss it if you aren't looking for it. The best way to see it is by one of the riverboat tours since you can't walk up to it.
- Statue of LibertyMember ofLocal CultureLuxury TravelersJul 05, 2012
Yes the Statue of Liberty is in Paris - just a smaller version. This replica is on a small island in the middle of the Seine. It was actually created by some Americans as an acknowledgement of the gift from France of the real one.
- Statue of LibertyJul 05, 2012
The weirdest thing about hte Statue of Liberty in Paris is that it's in Paris. Obviously our New York counterpart was a gift from France, but that doesn't stop it from feeling out of place... but still glorious (albeit smaller than our version). It's nice to see.