Trip Plan Details
- City Sightseeing TourOutside Two Oceans Aquarium, Dock Road, Cape Town, South Africarecommended City Sightseeing TourThis tour passes all the sights of the big city of Cape Town. Public transportation is not at its finest in this fair city, so you have limited choices on how you want to visit. Luckily, City ... read moreSightseeing Tour is reputable, does hop on and hop off at all the places you would want to see, and you can get a multiple day pass. Decide between the few different loops, but they are all full of the gorgeous sites of Cape Town. http://www.citysightseeing.co.za/Recommended for:Shaina Herman
Just a good beginners way to see the city.
commented on this trip
Hi Stephanie! Most definitely. We have many local concierges in our Tripbod network who can completely tailor and/or guide your trip. Find them here: http://ht.ly/bFGGF. Let me know if I can help! Best Tim - Tripbod HQ
- Apex Shark Expeditions Quayside Building, Shop no 3, Main Road, Simon's Town, Cape Town 7975, South Africarecommended Apex Shark ExpeditionsThis is the most intense, mind-boggling "structured" shark encounter on Earth. Join renowned photographer and conservationist Chris Fallows (of "Air Jaws" fame) in spotting breaching great white ... read moresharks and then diving with the beautiful beasts off of Seal Island in False Bay. Amazing. Unforgettable. Gogobot needs more stars to properly rate this one!Arlo Hemphill
If you'd like to see the "flying" great white sharks of False Bay, I recommend going to sea for a day with Chris Fallows and team of Apex Shark Expeditions. Chris is also a local and good fellow who can likely recommend decent guides for your non-aquatic adventures.
- Cape Grace HotelWest Quay Rd, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africarecommended Cape Grace HotelSpectacular waterfront hotel in the Cape Town harbor. Elegant, opulent and, frankly, almost over the top, is how I'd describe this place. True luxury residences in an coastal urban setting. ... read moreUnparalleled on the African continent and on par with the best of the best worldwide. Loved staying here, and really enjoyed the waterfront surrounds as well.Arlo Hemphill
I highly recommend the Cape Grace hotel if you need lodging in Cape Town - this place is fantastic and right on the waterfront. They'll also be able to recommend highly reputable tour guides in town. I can't vouch for price, but the Cape Grace won't steer you wrong on quality!
- Ashanti Lodge11 Hof street, Gardens, Cape Town 2004, South Africarecommended Ashanti LodgeAshanti is a great and fun hostel in the Gardens area of Cape Town, a 2 minute walk from all the fun on Long Street. My stay was in July and August on 2006. The rooms and bathrooms have always been ... read moreclean when I've been. I've stayed in both the private double rooms and a 6 (I think) bed dorm. It was low season when I stayed but the hostel was still busy enough and a great place to meet people if you're travelling alone, as I was. There is an amazing travel desk, where you can book to do most anything in Cape Town and much further too. It's a BazBus stop, so a great starting point to explore more of South Africa, as I did. The bar/cafe is great, with a view of Table Mountain from the deck. The breakfast are awesome here! There is a small pool, but I didn't use it in July for obvious reasons. All in all this is a fantastic place to stay, you won't regret it.Recommended for:.Comment.almost 2 years ago. ReportLaura Clarke
As I said, this is the only other place I've stayed in Cape Town, proper. The hotel I recommended was visited with my parents. Ashanti is much more my style, and budget. The en-suite guest house rooms that they now have are meant to be lovely. I stayed in a shared bathroom double on one occasion, when I stayed and that was really nice too. The location is good if you want some night life in Long Street and not far from Table Mountain (I took a very very short taxi ride). Also good place to spend the night with other travelers as the bar is always busy and a fun place to spend the night.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape TownBeach Rd, Granger Bay, Cape Town 8002, South Africa (Formerly Radisson SAS)recommended Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape TownThis is a beautiful luxury hotel in Green Point, Cape Town. The rooms are beautifully decorated and have everything you would need. The restaurant is good and always has a wide selection, for both ... read morebreakfasts and dinners. I used the spa here and can say that it was a fantastic way to spend a cold morning. The hotel provide a shuttle service to the V&A (free I think) which was very convenient. Overall a great location and service.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers.Comment.almost 2 years ago. ReportLaura Clarke
This place was amazing, but you pay for that. The only other place I've stayed in Cape Town is a backpacker hostel called Ashanti, but that has some en-suite guesthouse rooms now, so will post that too.
commented on this trip
I live on the Indian Ocean and I can it's pretty tranquil most of the time but you might not wanna take my word for it Stephanie. This website might be a good start for some research before you begin your journey. Safe travels! http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/satelliteworld/indianoceansatellite_large.html.Comment.over 2 years ago. Report