I'm planning a trip to Boca Raton, Florida and need advice on things to do, places to stay, and places to eat. Can you help?
- Las Olas Boulevard500 East Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301-2233recommended Las Olas BoulevardWhen you want to shop, enjoy an excellent meal, or have a party night out in Fort Lauderdale, head here. Great, lively place with a little bit of everything. All of the area's action is right here.Arlo Hemphill
Downtown Fort Lauderdale, especially Las Olas and the Riverwalk areas, are probably your best closest options for big town, downtown entertainment. This is the place to go for your wild night out. The other close option for you is Clematis Street in West Palm Beach.
- Dania Jai-Alai301 East Dania Beach Boulevard, Dania Beach, FLrecommended Dania Jai-AlaiThis is a really fun game to watch and an even funner game to bet on. Lightning fast balls whiz around the court, winning and losing you money on a dime. And you get to enjoy it all to cheap ... read morejumbo-sized beers and hot dogs. Ah, America...Arlo Hemphill
Another fun indoor activity for one of those unfortunate rainy days is the Jai-Alai fronton down in Dania. Bet on teams winging balls at break neck speeds, drink big beers and eat some arena-sytle junk food!
- Genesis ReefLat: 26 28.655, Long: 80 02.375’ W.
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood1 Seminole Way, Hollywood, FL 33314
- Gumbo Limbo Nature Center1801 N Ocean Blvd, Boca Raton, FL 33432recommended Gumbo Limbo Nature CenterArlo Hemphill
The Gumbo Limbo Nature Center is a great little seaside park and visitor center. They protect a nice stand of coastal hardwood hammock - Florida's version of a tropical rainforest - and the exhibits at the center are a fun resource for learning about the local flora and fauna. There's also a nice array of programs available, including turtle walks in season to see the nesting sea turtles.