Stillwater Bar & Grill

1700 17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, CA, United States

• Stillwater Bar & Grill
    Steph Ng

I made reservations for Mother's Day Brunch with my family. I was pleasantly surprised by the free valet parking when we arrived. The restaurant is inside the Lodge Resort and the dining area is very grand and beautiful. They gave out roses to the women and the decor and centerpieces were chosen with very good taste. I can't stand it when these things have a really stuffy feel to them. It could be however, special for Mother's Day.

I would have like the selection of food to be larger but the food was very fresh and tastey. My favorite was the belgian waffles with fruit but I think everyone else agreed with me cuz they kept running out. For $85/pp they better stock those waffles! The fresh fruit selection was also really yummy, but my dad kept telling me to eat the more expensive stuff. The service was pretty good, our water, coffee and orange juice always filled and plates taken away. Nothing spectacular however.

The dining area looks over the golf course and the bay so it was really scenic. However the 55 degree weather kept us indoors near the fireplace.

For a family that is extremely particular about brunch places - the ambiance, service, temperature of the coffee, food variety, you name it...we all agreed it was a good time and we'd go back.

• Stillwater Bar & Grill