Stone Town Restaurants

Filter restaurants by: Cuisine
Map view

The Passing Show Restaurant

Every time I am in Zanzibar, this is my first stop after dropping off my luggage at the hotel. I usually find myself there for lunch every day I'm in Stone Town. They serve tasty, authentic local fare and fresh juices. I highly recommend a plate of beef biryani along with a glass of tamarind juice. Their house-made chili sauce ...

Popular withFoodiesAdventureBudget

Sambusa Two Tables Restaurant

I would rate this a must do in Stone Town. It is just a cool experience. You go into the family's home, and they prepare like five or six special Swahili home cooked dishes for you to try. They are delicious and the family is friendly and welcoming, definitely give this place a try.

Popular withLocalFoodies

Livingston

This is another hip hang out spot in Stone Town. It is a great place for sun downers, but also a luxurious dinner, and evening drinks. There is a bar inside for being social, or take a table outside right on the beach, and feel the sand run through your feet.

Popular withTrendstersFoodiesLuxury

Taperia

This place has a super cool vibe, with a big wine bar in the back, and a cool cafe/bar out front. Definitely check this place out for some afternoon tapas, and sit out on the balcony and watch the busy Kenyatta road pass on by.

Popular withDesignFoodiesTrendsters

Masahani Restaurant & Bar

Located in the Serena hotel, Masahani is extravagantly priced, but delicious as well. Though most of the fare on the menu was well above what I would be willing to pay for food, the waterfront location is quite pleasant, and the lobster tagliatelle is a bit cheaper, and was quite delicious.

Popular withBusinessFoodiesLuxury

Mercury's Lounge Zanzibar

Kind of a beach bar / sports bar, it pulls both off okay, but I think I would choose to eat somewhere else unless you are just interested in a burger or curry. They have some big flat screen TVs for watching the games, and plenty of cold beers to enjoy in the sea breeze. Not a bad sun downer ...

Popular withNightlife

Maru Maru Terrace Restaurant & Lounge

Definitely check this place out for the view, even the Clintons did when they were in town. We had drinks here and they were horrible, and the waiter, tried to overcharge us for them. Super unfortunate for a place that is trying to hold itself in such high repute.

Popular withLuxury

6 Degrees South

A posh addition to the waterfront, the menu looks delicious, but we only visited for drinks. Unfortunately, they were horrible, and for the high price we paid for them, it was a bit disappointing. The places does have a very cool ambiance though, if it could just get its act together a bit.

Popular withLuxury

Monsoon Restaurant

The do some great marketing, but I wish they prepared food as well. They have beautiful menus, featuring Swahili spices, and they have a indoor seating area where people sit on the floor and feel traditional. However, the food is a bit bland, and the service was horrible. Definitely check your bill as they tried to squeeze a couple extra ...