Storyteller's Cafe

• Storyteller's CafePro 2014
    Diane V
    5 May 13, 2014

I went to Disneyland yesterday with the family, and we decided to give Storyteller's a try for dinner. We wanted to eat at Napa Rose, but there were no reservations for the time we wanted, and the wait was...well, they just told us we shouldn't even bother. I made a reservation here, but they seated me 15 minutes later. What the heck?

I think in terms of the food and 15 minute wait on a res, I would give this place 4 stars. But the service.....so bomb!!!! 5 stars, no contest! This had to be one of the best services I receives fro ma restaurant and certainly from a buffet. Sometimes I feel like the servers don't really add much value at a buffet, but Deandre was on top of his game that night. Not only was he super friendly, nice, and cool, but he was a top-notch server and was ALWAYS there for us when we needed him. And we asked for a lot too! The tip we gave him definitely reflected the great service he gave us.

On to the food...This place is a buffet AND a la carte restaurant (so you can get entree items here as well, in the event that not everyone in your party want to pig out non-stop on food) located inside of the Grand Californian hotel. The fact that it was buffet and a la carte was big plus here since my mo doesn't eat a lot, but in the end, we all opted to be piggies. The buffet was only $29.99 with non-alcoholic drinks included but no tip included in the price. The buffet was a LOT better than Goofy's Kitchen in terms of quality.

The best items that everyone needs to try here if they do the buffet:
    -Corn chowder: Best corn chowder EVER!
    -Dirty rice: Chunks of chicken and sausage mixed in with soft rice
    -Garlic Mashed Potatoes: This is the same quality mashers that you would get at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel but at a super reduced coast of being included in the buffet. Get it!
    -Bread Pudding: I'm not a big dessert girl ,but the bread pudding was super good and moist
    -Cornbread: And you didn't even need honey butter!
    -Chocolate Milk: The chocolate milk here used whole milk, but it was thick milky chocolatey all rolled into one.

Trust me, you'll love it all! I thought the steak and salmon were a bit dry, but then again, I like things under-cooked. They serve Dreyer's ice cream here in vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry.

Needless to say, I came out ridiculously full. I'm glad I wore stretchy pants to the park because I couldn't fit into any of my jeans with how much food I ate.

• Storyteller's Cafe
    Laura Clark
    5 Sep 14, 2013

My absolute favorite place to have breakfast!! The buffet is awesome, a big hit with the whole family and the characters are fun!

Hilton Anaheim