Sun Island Hotel Kuta
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Nightlife Lovers
- 82%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 82%Adventure Travelers
- 82%Budget Travelers
- 67%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (5)Write a review
- Sun Island Hotel KutaMember ofLGBTOutdoor EnthusiastsGreen TravelersLuxury TravelersJan 27, 2014
My worst nightmare. The last thing I want to do after traveling as far around the planet as physically possible, is to end up with a bunch of screaming, drunk white people in a big box, one-size-fits-all hotel. This is a hotel for partying Ozzies and families who don't know better. It's in as much of an urban area as is possible on Bali, which is potentially the only plus - as there is good access to restaurants, shops, etc. The pool here is enclosed within the hotel walls and geared for kids. I wouldn't go in it. Rooms are so so, but lack Balinese charm. I would never return.Recommended for:
- Sun Island Hotel KutaMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersGreen TravelersAdventure TravelersJan 03, 2014
If you're looking for a spot in the center of all things happening in Kuta, this is your place. It's ideally located for shopping, dining and general city business. However, it's kind of nightmare otherwise. The pool wraps around the pool, which lacks an ocean view and feels very urban. The hotel itself is quite large and full of families, partying Aussies, and general nonsense. This is not a tropical getaway, but it could be a good spot to getaway to party. I'd probably only come back here if I was chaperoning a group of students on break. All the amenities are here, it's a nice hotel, it just doesn't feel like Bali.Recommended for:
- Sun Island Hotel Kuta
Excellent!1304 reviews across the web.
- Guests say it is the perfect hotel for a city trip.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Location99% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service99% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel92% thought it was clean.
- Room83% said rooms were clean.
- Hotel Building78% enjoyed the lobby entrance.