Su's Cottages II
Member Reviews (1)
- Su's Cottages IIMember ofBackpackersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
For the price, about $30/day it's hard to beat this. There is a great pool in the center and the staff are very friendly. Next door there is a great restaurant with amazing tropical juices and shakes.
The rooms are fairly simple and include a bed, tv (with every international channel you could possibly dream of, except HBO) and a bathroom with hot water. Although they do not advertise it there is wifi and the connection is very good, especially for Bali.
The included breakfast leaves much to be desired. Basically, you get your choice of an egg dish or a jaffle (a Bali style sandwich that is sealed with some combination of egg, ham or fruit).
The neighborhood is ideal, particularly if you're looking to find Australian tourists without having to travel to Australia. Seminyak is more low key than Bali, but because the beach is gorgeous and the Australian dollar is strong, there are MANY MANY Aussies here. As a result, it's a great place to try Australian cuisine... or if you want to stop by Australia, I believe it is only a $700 flight.
Su's Cottages I is a little less expensive, closer to the beach and known as a surfer crash pad. The owner is friendly, but relatively uninvolved in the day to day management of the properties.
- Ask for the wireless password-- unless you really want to unplug. They will give it to you gladly, but they don't advertise it-- perhaps this is what makes the connection so strong.
- Go with a ham and egg jaffle since it's pretty difficult to mess up
- Don't stir Bali-style coffee. The grinds are supposed to fall to the bottom since they don't use filters.
- The jewlery shops on either side of the hotel are very friendly places to bargain, especially if it's been a slow day. If you are the first customer, they will give you a good price "for luck." Hence, it might make sense to get up early depending on how much of a discount will please you.
- Have fun!