if you're traveling back west, the airport isn't too busy. the toughest part is getting through immigration where there is a bottleneck in traffic. be aware that you'll get another security screen right before you board the plane.
Things to do near Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)
- 10.0 miBangkok, Thailand0.0 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)14 reviews
I like the nostalgia of Don Meung but Suvarnabhumi is an improvement in terms of efficiency. Lines can still be brutal unless you are Fast Track / Priority and the distance between immigration / the center of the terminal and your gate can be quite far. Best to arrive a little earlier than you might typically plan to do -- ...
- 24.07 mi4.07 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)4 reviews
If you are in Bang Plee, Samut Prakan then definite follow the signs to this temple. It hosts the 'tallest' reclining Buddha in Thailand (3 stories high - taller than Wat Pho but not as long [so they say]) and you can climb inside the Buddha up to the head cavity and see old paintings and altars throughout. There is ...
- 34.07 mi4.07 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)2 reviews
A huge temple complex right by the Bang Plee old market. It's biggest draw is the 'most expensive bathrooms' that it hosts. Although the bathrooms are beautiful, especially when comparing against the 'squat toilets' that inhabit most of Thailand, I would not go out of my way to check them out.
- 43.36 mi3 Moo 2 Chalongkrung Rd. Ladkrabang Bangkok 10520 Thailand, Thailand3.36 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)1 review
- 54.07 mi4.07 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)1 review
Really cool little market along the river in Bang Plee. Mostly wooden shops with little restaurants/cafes along the river make for a nice little stop for lunch. If you find yourself in this little town, head to the old market for a sight at some true thai-living!
- 63.66 mi01 กาญจนาภิเษก 34, Bangkok, Thailand3.66 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)1 review
- 715.68 miThanon Na Phra Lan, Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200 Thailand15.68 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)154 reviews
This is an incredible place, everywhere you turn there is another fabulous sculpture/building. You should not miss this place if you are in Bangkok. Remember to dress with long pants & cover the shoulders. Remember to take off your shoes when requested.Popular with
- 815.33 miChatuchak, Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand15.33 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)135 reviews
Amazing coconut ice cream for 35 Baht with complementary free cup of coconut juice. The perfect solution to a 31degree HOT afternoon at Chatuchat. Out of all the stalls selling this treat,the best one (which i believe is the legit authentic one because it was the only store there when I went 2 years ago) is the one ROUND THE ...Popular with
- 917.69 mi248 Thanon Thai Wang, Bangkok 10200 Thailand17.69 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)95 reviews
Biggest Buddha I have seen! Again another beautiful temple in Bangkok! Few Tips: This place closes I believe around 4:30 so if you are touring the temples come here towards the end of the day, also very close to the Grand Palace I would take a tuk tuk to this place. Cover Up if not you are going to have ...Popular with
- 1017.67 miKhao San Road, Bangkok 10120 Thailand17.67 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)107 reviews
Khaosan Road is a must-go-to-place as a backpacker. It's a place that is alive MOST at night. The locals are there to sell you food, clothing, tattoos, drinks, and mostly a good time. Be wary of those who may overprice their wares- most items can be found for 50 baht or cheaper at popular stores such as Big C. There ...Popular with
- 1117.95 mi
- 1214.97 mi
- 1315.42 mi444 Thanon Phaya Thai, Wang Mai, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10400, Thailand15.42 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)90 reviews
If you are looking for electronic - this is the place to go. They have anything most of it is fake. Also watches as fake makeup, handbags,..... It is like a one big fakeland. It is cheap but not the cheapest as they are all used to tourists.Popular with
- 1417.72 mi2 Sanamchai Road, Phraborom Maha Ratchawang 10200 Thailand17.72 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)65 reviews
Also known as the place of where the Temple of Reclining Buddha resides, this place is worth the visit. The Buddha statue is the largest in Thailand. It's about a 30 minute walk around the compounds, and it's only a block away from the grand palace.Popular with
- 1517.83 miNa Phralan Road, Bangkok 10200 Thailand17.83 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)62 reviews
Emerald buddha is really small and your not allowed to take photos, so a little disappointing, especially considering the hype! Still a beautiful temple though.Popular with
- 1614.86 miPatpong Road, Bang rak 10500 Thailand14.86 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)59 reviews
A bit mixed on how to review this one. Definitely a must-see on the first time tourist trail. If you had to see one tourist-oriented night market in Asia, this would probably be my pick. It is massive and carries everything -- every bootleg product found on planet earth. I struggle with the seedier side of the area. Amidst the ...Popular with
- 1715.04 miSiam Square 3, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand15.04 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)46 reviews
Siam Square has all the latest fashion and a great place to browse the other smaller shops. It has undergone renovations which makes the overall atmosphere softer with new lighting.Popular with
- 1814.98 miThanon Phaya Thai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand14.98 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)44 reviews
I love shopping in this area. If you are good at bargaining you can stumble on great finds! Very very affordable, dirt cheap in fact :) From Clothes, bag to household stuff.Popular with
- 1913.16 mi
- 2016.41 miYaowarat Road, Chakkaphat 10110 Thailand16.41 mi from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)46 reviews
A classic stop for any visitor. The streets are full of Chinese shops and early in the evening plenty of city lights makes this district very nice. Have a dinner (of course) on the street, in order to taste the best mix between Thai and Chinese cuisine.Popular with