Sweet Rose Creamery

225 26th Street, Santa Monica, CA

• Sweet Rose Creamery

I scream cause of ice cream... whether it be a yelp of excitement nearing the front of the line, an exclamation of delight upon tasting, a groan of disappointment when the ice cream is gone, or a grumble of regret when I realize that I ate an entire carton in one sitting...

Eating this ice scream, I was pretty much silent. It was good, but I don't taste too much quality difference between this and Thrifty's. I tried the mint chocolate chip, which was creamy and had no shortage of chocolate chips. I also tried the peach flavor, which was okay. Not too creamy, but not too special either.

I can check it off my ice cream checklist, but I probably won't go out of my way to come here again.

• Sweet Rose CreameryPro 2014

a lil about me:
    - I love food with unique names or flavors
    - I could eat a large carton of ice cream in a day or two (that's how much I love it)

Reason this is my #1 ice cream place:
    - quirky original flavors that are surprisingly tasty! ie. avocado, figs, sweet corn, basil
    - they use organic ingredients (which is why they're a lil pricey)
    - rich and creamy
    - they always come up with new unique/seasonal flavors
    - the store is well branded (I am a design nerd)
    - located in a quiet location

First time I came here, it was for their bacon sundae. Around that time not many shops served bacon sundae so I was really stoked when I found Sweet Rose Creamery thanks to yelp. I was more giddy when I found out that they serve funky ice cream flavors :)

I wasn't too impressed with the sundae. Taste of rich creamy vanilla followed by a chewy piece of bacon...no.

My favorite ice cream: Banana!!! and Carrot ;)
    I brought my dad here and he loved the coffee ice cream so much, he couldn't stop raving about it to my coffee-loving mother.

Would love to come back and try their seasonal pumpkin icecream.

Sampling is limited which is a bummer because I want to try them all! There's a lot of parking. There's always a line but it's not a long wait.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersStudentsTrendsters
  • Sweet Rose CreameryPro 2014

Bumming around West LA on a hot sunny day, I detoured over to Brentwood and braved the long, long lines and snooty crowds at this artisanal icre-cream and frozen goodies shop. It was so delish, especially the naturally colored mint chocolate chip flavor, but I'm not sure it rates as highly as say, Bi-Rite in San Francisco. Given the seriously high prices, I wouldn't make another special trip back here, but if I was already in the neighborhood, sure, why not?

Tip: Don't pay for street parking. Park in the free lot behind the shop, which is in a mini mall.

• Sweet Rose Creamery

Simply delicious, high-quality ice cream! This is a cute little ice cream joint in Brentwood that has a handful of unique flavors, such as Salted Caramel--yum! Even your classic flavors like Strawberry are delicious, so much that we bought a pint to go. I ordered this sundae: two scoops (salted caramel, strawberry), butterscotch syrup, chocolate covered graham crackers. i know what you are thinking. and guess what? it tastes even better that it sounds! the shop has a seating area outside. it's the perfect afternoon snack and entirely worth the visit if you are in the area!

• Sweet Rose Creamery

I really liked their ice cream, it was super yummy but I wish that they were more generous in the portion they gave. I ordered a single scoop of lemon sherbet in a cup and I was so surprised to get one stingy small ball of the ice cream. For price of $3, more or less, I feel so jipped. I had only came to try this place out because my friend had recommended how good the place was but I was really disappointed. As for the flavors, I liked that they let us at least try the ice cream before ordering and I thought that their coffee was really good. The lemon sherbet got too strong and sour for me that it didn't taste that great to the very end.

• Sweet Rose Creamery

Perfect afternoon treat :) My son and I stopped in to enjoy a scoop, he had the chocolate chip cookie dough in a cone and I had verve coffee in a cup with brownie bites and marshmallows. Soooo yummy! I LOVE marshmallows and Sweet Rose's are homemade, they are sooooo tasty, light and fluffy. Next time, we may share a sundae or a banana split. The toppings are all so yummy and I'd love to have the butterscotch sauce. The salted caramel is really yummy too, a friend brought a pint over one night and it was so good. Awesome little spot to swing by with a date, alone or with the kiddies. love the metal spoons ;)

• Sweet Rose Creamery

Now I know what's the hype all about. Fresh organic ingredients are in these delicious ice cream. I tried a scoop of their Salted caramel with sea salt on top.
    One of the best ice cream I've tried!! It's creamy but not too rich and greasy. It doesn't upset my stomach.

Salted Caramel and Basil flavors, I tried. Both of them were an odd mix but very good separated! Very pricey for a scoop. But it's worth it! Get yours on a cone instead of adding toppings. I think it tastes more better. :-)

• Sweet Rose Creamery

Undoubtedly the best ice cream I've ever had, hands down. They make everything fresh, on site, and use local seasonal fruits and other stuff. It makes a huge difference. It's fun to watch people come here for the first time. They try mint chip and it freaks them out because it tastes like you're eating a mint leaf, fresh off the plant, instead of a starlite candy turned into ice cream. The variety of ever-changing seasonal flavors is incredible, and the shakes, floats, cakes and bonbons are incredible too. Warning: this may ruin you for ever buying ice cream from the grocery store again!

• Sweet Rose Creamery

The ice cream is very good, has a very nice home made taste. Definitely better quality ingredients.

• Sweet Rose Creamery

Simple the best ice cream!

454 people visited Sweet Rose Creamery