Going to Kathmandu
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Mountain air guided adventures(p.)Ltd.Thamel, Bhagwanwal, P. O. box: 12597
- Helambu TrekKathmandu, Nepalrecommended Helambu TrekMatthew Crompton
10 days is plenty to see Kathmandu, Patan, Swayambhunath, Pashupathinath, and other towns in the Kathmandu Valley, plus a short multi-day trek nearby. Helambu comes highly recommended, and will require no cold-weather gear in April. Check out the Nepal section of my passport for lots more ideas. Good luck! =)
- Hotel Ganesh HimalPO Box 12547 | Chhetrapati, Kathmandu, Nepalrecommended Hotel Ganesh HimalA bit south of the bustle of Kathmandu's Thamel tourist ghetto, but still in the thick of things, Ganesh Himal has clean, comfortable, mid-range rooms at budget prices. Decent rooftop and tasty in the ... read morehouse restaurant.Matthew Crompton
Not a bad choice, and fortunately a little bit outside of Thamel.
- Hotel EncounterThamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Hotel Blue HorizonThamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Tibet Guest HouseChhetrapati, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepalrecommended Tibet Guest Houseclean, friendly, responsible,Recommended for:Matthias Hagemann
realy not the worst choise, if you reserve a room they pic you up at the airport. It is in tamel near to most tourist places. Rooms are clean stuff is friendly and helpfull. April is not could - it depends what is could for you- i would say it ist like early summer in germany. 10 days- what you wanna do, for Kathmandu it is enought, 5 days would be enought i think, but to do trekking it is to short, to go to Pokkara could be enougt time, i will send you other hotel names, they are also good + clean