Sydney Central YHA
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (1)Write a review
- Sydney Central YHAMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 2First to ReviewMay 21, 2013
If you had to pick a hostel to stay at in Sydney, check out the YHA one at Sydney Central. It's in the middle of the action. The rooms are sparse, no TV, but you're in Australia! Who cares?! They have a media room so you can watch TV if you want. We booked a private room with an en-suite bathroom but we were also able to access the community dorm-style bathrooms in the hallway as well. One thing though, if you're a light sleeper then this place is not for you. You need to bring earplugs. We were able to negotiate breakfast into our room rates and enjoyed a simple continental style breakfast for the days of our stay. That was really great too. They have a bar downstairs with a separate entrance for those looking to make friends. We did have someone come and knock on our door in the middle of the night looking for their friend though so buyer beware.
Good!611 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Location100% thought it was easy to get to the train station.
- Hotel85% thought it was clean.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 82%.
- Ambiance80% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Food73% loved the dining experience.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building.
- Swimming Pool