Phone:(617) 536 5700
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Pets Allowed
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Car Rental Desk
- Mini Bar In Room
- Dry Cleaning
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Taj BostonMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Jul 04, 2012
I've stayed at this property for many years and the service levels have really declined since being sold to Taj.
Room quality is okay but varies by room. Lobby area is pleasant and The Bar is nice in the evening.
Service isn't a strong point for this property. A few observations from my own experience over the past few days:
- Housekeeping doesn't clean thoroughly (e.g., when I arrived, the desk area still had trash from the previous guest -- but the rest of the room was clean)
- My luggage was misplaced after arriving despite the fact that the hotel is noticeably empty. Bellman mistakenly delivered luggage from another guest and then had trouble finding my luggage
- Amenities are not replaced regularly (perhaps they are cutting back due to low occupancy?)
Lastly, I arrived just before opening time for the hotel restaurant and asked to sit until they opened and was turned away. Fine for a place that isn't supposed to offer good service. The Ritz would have been more flexible. It was a little disappointing.
This property is in a great location. The building is attractive. The complementary car service and finishings in the lobby make this feel like a 5-star. However, if you scratch beneath the surface, this property has lost some of its luster.
Stay here if you get a great room rate and don't mind a few imperfections. Otherwise, stay somewhere else.
- Taj BostonMember ofLuxury TravelersJul 04, 2012
The location of the Taj is perfect. It's right on Arlington and Newbury St. Newbury street is my favorite street in Boston and a great place for shopping. Oh it also has a Chanel store in the lobby so I fell in love with the place right away. The service is really great, the rooms are pretty big and the top terrace area is beautiful. If your room is on Arlington you can see the park which is stunning.
Excellent!2049 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Location96% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service93% found the staff to be very friendly.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds. 91% of guests enjoyed it.
- Hotel89% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance87% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- FoodTasty food. 70% of guests mentioned it positively.
Housekeeping services take place twice daily. Laundry service, professional massage therapy and baby-sitting services are all available upon request. Located on the 15th floor is The Club, a suitable venue for private affairs, gatherings, and intimate meetings and receptions. The hotel also has a fully furnished business center, in addition to a fitness center with free weights, elliptical machines, Stairmasters and more. Other amenities include, a chanel boutique, 24-hour front desk service, airport transportation, concierge, technology butlers, bath and pillow menus, Chauffer Jaguar Sedan service, luggage storage and high tea gatherings.
The hotel has 273 guestrooms, including 44 suites with wood-burning fireplaces. Guestroom perks and amenities include upholstered sofas and armchairs, desks, wireless and high-speed Internet access, flat screen tvs, marble baths, Molton Brown bath products, bathrobes and slippers, 300 thread count, 100% cotton bed linens, 24-hour in-room dining, bath and technology butlers, complimentary morning newspapers and evening turndown services.
Notifications and Fees:
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Pets: US$ 125 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.