Takami Sushi & Robata

Penthouse, 811 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2100, Los Angeles, CA

Mike Pistilli
    3 Nov 16, 2012

One of the best views of LA you can get with a very modern decor and good music. The few time's I have gone the service was a little slow and I'm hoping I was just unlucky with bad sushi the nights I've gone. Great place to bring a date though.

Mmarthie
    3 Oct 20, 2012

I didn't eat here much, because I ate dinner before I came here. I did share an appetizer of sushi (see my picture) with my friends. It was a spider roll which was pretty good. How ever, the pieces were pretty big. They should be since you really have to pay the price for it!

You're probably thinking, "Why did I come here and not eat?" Well, I came here because word is, if you eat here, you could get free cover at the next door club, Elevate. Did I get free cover? Yes. The waiter invited me and my girlfriends to go. He gave us these tickets, which basically meant free entrance. But let's stick to Takami.

This place is pretty nice. You're in the middle of downtown LA, with a gorgeous view in a skyscraper. The restaurant is really pretty too and nicely decorated. Definitely a date place. I have to come here again though to eat.

Also, parking you have to pay for. Another down side of living in LA.

Broke Girl's Guide

#BeStuffed #BeTipsy

We are obsessed with the happy hour at Takami Sushi & Robata, a restaurant that is located 21 floors above the Financial District Downtown. Why? Their sushi is yummy and their happy hour specials run from 4:30-7pm Monday through Friday, and from 5pm to 7pm on Saturday and Sunday. You can get all bar food for half off -- about $4 per item -- as well as some delicious $7 cocktails and $5 beers.

If you're in the area on a Sunday, there is even more of a reason to stop by -- they offer 50% off bottles of wine on Sundays. We don't really need to talk you into this, do we?

BrokeGirlsGuide.com

JohnMichael

Where to eat when top of a DTLA building is a must?
    Takami of course!

Sister dear decides to take me out to a place she thinks I would appreciate the ambiance, decor, and everything else about the venue. Perfect trifecta! She's good! She does take after me after all.
    ;D

Not only is it a roof top restaurant, Takami also boasted an amazing lounge with a great view and really nice music setting the mood for late night schmoozing. The ambiance was nice but the food, I think could have been better though they did have a nice selection of fusion dishes that help push it into a new direction. But they won me over with a simple martini glass of fresh and delicious and I'm sure nutritious uni! *drool*

Though I wasn't blown away by the size of the portions they dolled out, they were generous with their sake. Waiting for the bottle to chill, they had given us a complimentary carafe of sake to enjoy in the meantime. The people were dressed to the 9's and I was dressed in shorts and crocs. Yes, I said CROCS! They were white crocs if it helps paint more of visual. I was the HAWTNESS!

But I was nothing compared to these two buxom bevvies that I was able to hook to the table.. I think it had less to do with my crocs and more to do with the overabundant amount of sake that I was pouring out than anything else I had to offer. Despite all the alcohol this one vixen drank, she withstood my charm AND gave me the cold shoulder. I thought my luck would have changed when our waiter gave us passes to check out the club next door despite my fashion faux pas. But I soon lost sight of my female guest due to 21st floor patrons being a touch too grab happy. 'Luck' indeed... pffft!
    ;P

Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    5 Nov 23, 2013

Wow. What a view!!! This place is one of my favorite lunch spots in LA.

Recommended for:Business TravelersNightlife LoversTrendstersLuxury Travelers