Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 75%Family Travelers
- 75%Outdoor Enthusiasts
User Reviews (2 Reviews)
- Talkeetna Alaskan LodgeNov 07, 2013
The views of Denali (Mt McKinley) on clear days are amazing. even just from the common lobby lounge (some rooms also have views if you request them). The staff are genuinely friendly (full disclosure: my aunt and uncle work here) and for the area, it's a good value. Rooms are comfy and most importantly, warm!
- Talkeetna Alaskan LodgeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11First to ReviewJul 05, 2012
This is an upscale lodge in a great nature location. From the back of their lodge, you can view the Alaska Range of mountains in the Denali National Park, (weather permittng) which includes Mt McKinley, the highest peak in North America, at over 20,000ft.
The lodge is large, with a huge 86 ft central fireplace. Their in-house dining has been featured in Wine Spectator and the Food Channel. Evenings feature a local guitar/singer by the fireplace.
Down the hill is the quaint town of Talkeetna. This isn't cheap. In peak summer season, the spacious rooms range from $265 for lodge rooms, $295 for forest view, and $395 for mountain view. Stay in the cheaper rooms and sign up for the Mountain View wake up call service at the front desk.
Mt McKinley is 80% of the time not visible, so the call service for that 1 in 5 chance is a good way to go. They offer a shuttle service to Talkeetna and to Anchorage and the Airport.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
Outstanding!228 reviews across the web.
- Room97% thought the view was good.
- LocationVery easy access to transportation, said 96%.
- Hotel Building96% enjoyed the lobby entrance.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds. 91% of guests enjoyed it.
- Hotel88% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance80% were fond of the entertainment options.