Taqueria LA Bamba

276 people visited Taqueria LA Bamba

M-F 10am-9:45pm, Sa-Su 10am-9pm

Roy Chi
    4 Jan 11, 2013

The way I judge whether or not a burrito joint is up to par is by whether or not I crave the burrito when I'm sober. I usually only go to taquerias when I'm short on cash or when I'm drunk, but I come to La Bamba all the time -- poor or not, drunk or sober. Their burritos are hands-down the best burritos in Mountain View and perhaps even in the entire Silicon Valley.

You may say: "I don't see the difference? All the ingredients are the same." But for some strange reason, all the ingredients at La Bamba just mesh so well together and the ultimate result is a delicious burrito that you'll be craving for more.

I've also tried their homemade tamales which are definitely authentic (wet, oily, and wrapped in a large leaf), but I think i just prefer the dry tamales, so I wasn't too thrilled about La Bamba's.

When you visit La Bamba, you'll see posters at the next-door La Costena that may entice you to try La Costena instead. Now, there are pros & cons to both: La Costena is cheaper (you get more for your money) and you get a lot more variety in what ingredients you can put in your burrito (corn, cilantro, etc.). La Bamba, although less of a value than La Costena, definitely has the better tasting burrito.

Bernard Moon

I love this place and it was one of the top 5 reasons I didn't mind moving from San Franciso to Palo Alto last year. My wife and I really didn't want to move to the burbs so early in our marriage, but the 2-3 hours of daily traffic compelled us to move.

By some miracle, our new home was only 10 minutes away from burrito and taco heaven. At first, La Bamba's didn't capture my heart. I was a skeptic. One of our friends who scoured the Bay Area for the best burrito over the past 10 years told us that this grudgy place was it. I visited and ordered by usual limtus test of goods: burrito and 4 tacos. Carne asada (steak), carnitas (pork), lengua (beef tongue), and chicken. I also wanted a fish and chorizo taco, which wasn't on the menu, so I wasn't fully satisfied.

By the second time after eating another healthy menu of goods, I was sold. Then the third and fourth time sent me into utter confusion... was El Taurino in LA my favorite burrito joint or La Bamba? El Taurino or La Bamba? I still haven't decided yet :)

Ziv Tarsi