Trip Plan Details
- Gerry's GrillPaseo De Roxas, Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Philippinesrecommended Gerry's GrillFull ear-shatteringly loud bass (thanks to the massive speaker system blasting 80's classics), the atmosphere might be a little weird, but the meaty Filipino favorites (including more variations on ... read morefish and pork than you can shake a stick at) are outstanding. Portions are huge as well, but bring a pair of ear-plugs.Recommended for:FoodiesMatthew Crompton
And quite good Filipino favorites here.
- Greenbelt Shopping MallAyala Avenue, Makati City, Philippinesrecommended Greenbelt Shopping MallGranted, malls are malls. Still, not all malls are created equal. With its open terraces, shady palm trees and leafy landscaped courtyard, Greenbelt Mall is a great place to beat the heat of the day ... read morein metro Manila. More, (if you can get over the idea of awesome dining being located in a shopping mall) it's a great place for a meal or a drink in the evening, when the crowds come out.Recommended for:TrendstersMatthew Crompton
The lovely Greenbelt Mall (there are a bunch of them with different numbers, but they're all connected) is a great spot for dining and shopping nearby.
- City Garden Hotel MakatiMakati Avenue corner Kalayaan Avenue, Makati, Luzon 7870, Philippinesrecommended City Garden Hotel MakatiThe decor might be a bit bland at this spot midway up Makati Ave., but the rooms are clean and business-standard, the buffet breakfast (with omelette station!) is solid, and the rooftop pool and ... read morerestaurant are lovely. Good value.Matthew Crompton
I quite like this good-value spot a little up Makati Ave.
recommended Makati CityThe upscale heart of Manila, this is where the beautiful people go to see and be seen and (even more importantly) to shop. With seriously upscale malls and a cosmopolitan vibe, this is the place to go ... read morefor luxury brands or for a glam night out.Matthew Crompton
Honestly, I'd stay in Makati (as against up in the Malate/Ermita neighborhood). Depending on traffic, it should take you 30 or 40 minutes by taxi to get to Makati from the airport. Don't buy a prepaid voucher for a taxi, but instead, take a metered taxi from the taxi rank outside Arrivals.
- Bizu Patisserie And CafeGreenbelt 2 Ayala Center, Makati, 1200, Philippines
- Manila City HallPadre Burgos, Manila, Philippines
- Jeepney (Manila)Manila, Philippines
- BaywalkBaywalk, Manila, Philippines
- National Museum of the PhilippinesTaft Ave, Manila, Philippines
- Malacañan PalaceJose P Laurel Street, Manila 1000 Philippines
- Manila CathedralGeneral Luna Street, Manila, Philippines
- Cultural Center of the PhilippinesRoxas Boulevard, Pasay, Philippines
- SM City Manila3rd Flr. SM City Manila, Conception St. cor. Arroceros and San Marcelino, Manila, 1000, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Fort SantiagoSanta Clara Street, Manila 1002 Philippines
- Taal Volcano and Lake50km south of Manila, Tagaytay 4120 Philippines
- Manila Ocean ParkManila, Philippines
- ChinatownOngpin Street, Manila 1006 Philippines
- Ayala AvenueAyala Avenue, Makati City 1200 Philippines
- Manila BayAlong Roxas Boulevard, Manila 1004 Philippines
- Rizal ParkFrom Roxas Boulevard to Taft Avenue, Manila 1000 Philippines
- Quiapo ChurchPlaza Miranda and Quezon Boulevard, Manila 1011 Philippines
- TagaytayTagaytay Ridge, Tagaytay 4120 Philippines