Tgi's Sushi

100 W Hamilton Ave, #C, Campbell, CA 95008

• Tgi's SushiPro 2014

One of my bff took me here because he said the rolls is super good. As we drove to the place, I notice there was a line so I thought to myself this place must me good. To my surprise, the place is extremely small no wonder why there is no room to even stand inside. I wish this place was a little bit bigger because i felt cramped sitting side by side with strangers.

We ordered a few rolls and also some fried oyster. I love their food and fast service. I would come back here again.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
  • Tgi's SushiAmbassadorPro 2014

I'm always looking for good sushi, but as we all know, sushi costs $$$. I'm always up for good sushi buffets, but if those are are not available, where to? Hmmmmm... how about TGI Sushi?

I'm usually not a big fan of Korean-style sushi, but this place rocks!!! The sushi rolls were huge, colorful, overloaded, and absolutely delicious. Kudos to the sushi chefs who made some awesomely beautiful and yummy rolls! Some of the rolls were quite creative and aesthetic in presentation. Prices are reasonable and you get what you pay for, literally. The more expensive, the more impressive! Highly recommended for those of you who love great tasting sushi!

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversStudentsTrendsters
  • Tgi's SushiPro 2014

Nice sushi house. Fairly expensive but very unique with the playing of trance and other types of electronic dance music as entertainment.

• Tgi's SushiPro 2014

After visiting the Sunnyvale location, I have to bring this rating down to a flat 3. This location just doesn't compare in seating availability and quality of staff to the Sunnyvale one.

If you are a true connoisseur of sashimi and fish, be warned, you probably will NOT enjoy the fish! Otherwise....

CHIRASHI! CHIRASHI! CHIRASHI! Best deal ever. For $20 you get amazing portions of sashimi ontop sushi rice. I am a quantity over quality kind of person so TGI's gets points for not serving me smelly bad fish. Instead, I am taking off some points for occasionally serving me warm fish.

The significant other is quite fond of their sukiyaki. The soup is nicely sweet and with a nice variety of vegetables and garnishes in the bowl. With a bowl of rice it makes for plenty of leftover.

All orders came with a small dish of sesame seasoned bean sprouts. Sometimes I've gotten edename as the free appetizer.

Points off for staff quality, long lines during rush hours and sorely sorely lacking seating. The first time I was there their service was horrendous. 4 girls, 4 orders, 3 orders came out fine, 1 order came at the END of the meal. Ridiculous! They did compensate by serving some hand rolls, 2 servings of edename and some other dish.
    Rush hour waits can add up to an hour or more.
    Seating is limited to the sushi bar, 5-7 2 person tables, 2-3 4 person tables which they maneuver around to accommodate guests. They are so small that sometimes 2 2 person parties are sitting next to each other.

It should be noted that they are actually a Japanese-Korean restaurant. They serve mainly Japanese food with a sprinkling of Korean food. The staff is Korean, not that it really matters.

Well, TGI'S Sushi
    (why not TGI Sushi instead of TGI'S Sushi? So it isn't Thank Goodness It's Sushi, maybe it is Tom, George and Ian's Sushi?)

Well, TGI'S Sushi has got all t figure out, don't they?

What do Americans love?

Is it high quality food in small, exquisite portions to savor the taste?

Hell No! Leave that to the French!

Perhaps bite size morsels of culinerary delights to tantalize the taste buds and linger on the palette?

No way! That is for you California Cuisine wusses!

Maybe it is masterfully prepared fresh seafood delicacies, perfectly presented with attention to every detail?

No Effin way! Leave that to the Japanese!

Then what do Americans love in a restaurant?

HUGE fricking portions of everything regardless of the quality, at a cheap enough price that they can brag about the HUGE fricking portions regardless of the quality at a cheap enough price to their friends!

THAT"S what Americans LOVE!!!
    Be it steaks, hamburgers, and now SUSHI!

This allows them to scream superlatives like "Awesome!" and "OMG!" and "Food Orgasm!" and "To Die For!" to their friends, just like braces wearing tweens screaming at each other over a JoBros concert! (That's Jonas Brothers)

At this TGI'S Sushi, it is sort of like a JoBros concert, except they have J-Pop blaring away. The place is small, and it is packed, mainly with Gaijin Sushi Eaters (those Americans who love this place!)

And true to the formula, they serve MONSTER SIZE sushi and a gazillion HUGE rolls that would make a Korean owned Sushi-Ya Roll Specialist green as seaweed with envy!

TGI'S Sushi has figured this out so well, what Americans LOVE, that they now have 3 locations, in Campbell, Sunnyvale, and now Newark!

The sushi is just too large! I have a big head, and a big mouth, and I cannot get any single piece in my mouth like sushi should be eaten. It takes a couple of passes. More like a Musubi or Onigiri Rice ball.

The sushi isn't terrible, it just isn't sushi in these Ginormous sizes. Plus the rice isn't right. It doesn't have the right taste, and as Julie stated, the rice is still hot! Isn't it supposed to be at room temperature?

The staff is all Asian, with 3 young chefs and 3 waitresses and about 10 tables packed together like Unajyu. And the service was decent, if hurried and lacking a little grace. And they served a lot more than Sushi, with a full menu, Lunch, Udon, Donburi, Deep-Fried, Grilled, Nabe, etc. And the Sushi (nigiri) is all about $5 for two, reasonable for the size. Our Toro was 3 LARGE pieces, for $17.95.
    Meh!

Now I know how women feel.

Sometimes getting all that into your mouth all at once is just too hard to do to really enjoy it. It really is more about the quality of the entire experience. It is hard to have that "Food Orgasm" and really get off on it when you're gagging on what's in your mouth.

Its not the size that matters, its how you prepare things, to eat it and savor it lovingly and with joyful enthusiasm, and use the most of what you've got to bring it to a full climatic finish! Then you can revel in complete bliss, after saying OMG! (more than once!)

Roll out, homie.

Every time I had a roll attack, I would hit TGI.

But alas, the last few times I have been here, well, I was somewhat disappointed.

I requested less rice on the rolls because if anyone has noticed, their rolls are STACKED with too much rice. Not like I am complaining, but come on, give me some more of the imitation crab meat love!

Johnny Luv, City Boy, and Sweet Suzy has been "ok" now. I just can't over the mountainous size D rice.

I am bummed, hoping I would love them again.

Maybe next time?

RECOMMEND if you want very ricey rolls.

• Tgi's Sushi

I came here just in time. Not even 10 minutes passed and a line forms up.
    Lucky me!
    The venue is rather.....cozy, but the staff was very nice. Be ready to read the signs tho...if I had known about the signs on the walls I would have ordered the toro that I saw displayed...oh well....next time.

The fried tofu here is served differently from other places....I like the fact they they give you all sorts of toppings in a bowl as opposed to the shavings already placed on top...however the tofu was not served in the sauce that brings the shavings to "life." Not necessarily a bad thing...just threw me off.

The sushi omakase was large...came with a little bit of everything.....a lil sashimi...a lil sushi....a lil croquette....beef teriyaki.....skewers....and katsu. Damn......the portions were large to boot! I feel like a fatty just thinking about it.

Before you ask....yeah, I also ordered two sushi rolls....good lawd if I had known that they were going to be that big I probably wouldn't have ordered them in addition to the omakase. Thank gawd I hadn't eaten all day....but I still ended up conceding defeat to TGI's.
    DAMN YOU!!! I'm training and I'll be back....

To top it all off the table next to us was being occupied by a lovely Portuguese Mother and Son who shared not only our food but our views on world travels. Learned quite a bit about their home. I got a travel lesson and all it cost me was a lil food that I had a venerable surplus of.
    ;D

• Tgi's SushiPro 2014

I was rather disapointed by the rolls I had. My experience with TGI Sushi at the Sunnyvale location was more positive.

James Special - (1/5 stars) - Very disappointing. The fish used to wrap around the roll was of very low quality. The spicy sauce wasn't strong enough to disguise the poor texture and taste of the fish.

Lion King - (3/5 stars) - The sauce was delicious but the salmon wasn't cooked evenly. Some part are raw while others were overcooked. I have had better lion king roll at many other places.

Mr. Netscreen - (3/5 stars) - The lemon zest sauce was refreshing. I like the unique taste of this roll. This is probably the best out of all.

There were simply way too much rice on all of the rolls. I would much prefer the rolls to be smaller. I don't want to have to take multiple bites to finish off one piece. I honestly don't know what to think about this place. Is it really a 4 star restaurant?

• Tgi's Sushi

Best sushi in the Valley. Always fresh, generous portions. If you gone there, try Crazy Chris.

• Tgi's Sushi

Solid food, still tiny, and still always busy.

493 people visited Tgi's Sushi