Than Long Water Puppet Theater
Tribes: Who likes this place?
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 76%History Buffs
- 63%Family Travelers
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (11)
- Than Long Water Puppet TheaterMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Nov 22, 2013
I know it's known as a "must see" experience in Hanoi, but I really didn't care to watch the entire show. It's definitely unique, but I got the impression from the show that it's really just exists to this day to get money from tourists.
- Than Long Water Puppet TheaterMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Oct 29, 2013
I belive it's part of Hanoi experience to see this traditional show. We really liked it, although we could only understand part of the story, there should be a more detailed description on the leaflet, as we cannot undrstand the language. On the whole, the orchestra and play were great!
- Than Long Water Puppet TheaterMember ofFoodiesBackpackersAdventure TravelersOct 30, 2012
The water puppet show is really interesting. Of course it's aimed at tourists but still I found it a great show and learned a lot about Vietnamese myth and culture. It won't break your budget, so give it a try!
- Than Long Water Puppet TheaterMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 2Jul 05, 2012
A great cultural evening! Watching and listening as classic Vietnamese folk tales play out in front of you. We even managed to pick up a few of the water puppets and bring them home where they are treasured reminders of our time in Hanoi.
- Than Long Water Puppet TheaterFirst to ReviewJul 04, 2012
The Water Puppet Show is a fun goofy thing to do in Hanoi. It is an old Vietnamese tradition that has been turned into a tourist attraction, but one tradition I have not seen anywhere else in Asia and is worth checking out. Don't expect too much and enjoy this old goofy tradition and you'll have a great time!