Drinks, at the very least, are a must on the balcony. As others have recommended, I'd suggest getting there for sunset.
Things to do near The Africa House Hotel
- 10.08 mi0.08 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
- 20.17 mi
- 30.34 mi0.34 mi from The Africa House Hotel11 reviews
This is such an interesting tour - I highly recommend it. I had no idea what pepper looks like before it's sitting in my spice cabinet or how vanilla grows until I went to the spice plantations. In addition to learning a great deal about things we use every day, you get to taste spices in their raw form, sip ...Popular withFoodiesFamiliesLocal
- 40.42 mi0.42 mi from The Africa House Hotel4 reviews
A very special place, you will never think to find in Zanzibar.Popular withHistoryDesignSpiritual
- 50.32 mi0.32 mi from The Africa House Hotel5 reviews
It dominates the Stone Town waterfront, along with the fort. The inside is less impressive. It has an interesting history, though and a guide will probably take you here on a city tour and tell you all about it.Popular withHistoryLocal
- 60.5 mi0.5 mi from The Africa House Hotel3 reviews
One visit to the old market will show you the real african spirit.Popular withBudgetFoodiesLocal
- 70.4 mi0.4 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
Do you like sailing? Try our partners' boats for a fantastic safari to some of the unspoiled islands of the archipelago.
- 84.92 mi4.92 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
They're no Baalbek or Machu Picchu, but what remains of these former baths of the Sultan and his wives are an interesting remnant of Zanzibar's royal history. Probably not worth the dalla dalla ride out to see them by themselves but worthy of a stop if you're out in the area for a spice tour.Popular withLocalHistory
- 912.79 mi
- 1016.49 mi16.49 mi from The Africa House Hotel3 reviews
Interested by the Red Colobus monkey? This is their home. Children normally get crazy here, as it a very popular spot to go with families.Popular withOutdoorFamilies
- 1111.86 mi11.86 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
A must-see in Zanzibar, to get through its history of centuries.
- 1210.64 mi10.64 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
There are a plethora of spice farms around Kizimbani, but this is one of the most popular and for good reason. If you come on your own, it is only five dollars per person, and the guides are quite good. You learn the difference between red, green, white and black pepper, you see bread fruit, teak, mango, and rambutan trees, ...Popular withLocalFoodies
- 1327.0 mi27.0 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
The Oldest Catholic Mission building in East Africa is now home to the Roman Catholic Mission Museum which includes the history of the French Missionaries who spent the bulk of their money buying slaves their freedom. The church also happens to be where David Livingstone's body laid in state in 1874. Every year the institute for Art and Culture Bagamoyo ...
- 1426.4 mi26.4 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
Kaole was early known as Pumbuji, was the first settlement of the Arabs from Persian in 13th c (1270). The place was excavated 1958 by Mr. Neville Chittick, a Man from England with Mr. Sahani m. Kejeri now is a professor. This is the major attraction that Bagamoyo town has to offer; Mwembe Kinyongo, German Grave Yard, Chuo Cha Sanaa ...
- 1526.51 mi26.51 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
An incredible bank of sand in the middle of the ocean. We go there from the time it has been discovered as a possible destination. Our guests are always advised to go and enjoy it.
- 1626.78 mi26.78 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
Either if you like kite-surfing or if you just want to see breathtaking views, this is definitely a place to visit.
- 1721.37 mi21.37 mi from The Africa House Hotel1 review
This is a unique place where to have some lobsters (call before you go).