The Atlantis Paradise Island

Casino Dr, Paradise Island 4777, Bahamas

Ross P
    4 Jul 08, 2014

Want the hotel experience, but not the price tag? Ask about a day pass. Atlantis does a day pass for use of ‘the biggest water park in the Caribbean’. All inclusive day passes mean you can lounge around the pool, enjoy a beverage or four, eat lunch from one of several restaurants or cafes on property, use the (non motorized) water sports and game rooms. At family friendly Atlantis the day pass gives access to the vast array of aquariums, pools and waterslides, but food and drinks are not included.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsStudents
    Laura Conklin
    5 Feb 09, 2014

When I think of Bahamas, Atlantis always comes to mind. Love their aquarium. Try the slide! Walk through the hotel if you aren't styAying there.

• The Atlantis Paradise IslandPro 2014
    Frances Nguyen
    3 Oct 17, 2013

Atlantis is a huge, sprawling resort based in Paradise Islands in the Bahamas. The resort includes a casino, aquarium, water park, and an assortment of restaurants, including a buffet. It's a nice resort in a family-friendly sort of way.

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersFamily Travelers
    Kane See
    5 Nov 02, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. I stayed at the Cove hotel, which is a bit more exclusive than the other Atlantis hotels. The Miami Heat basketball team stayed there when I was there.

I won't lie, it was pretty expensive. Spent about $3k for a week of stay. But you do get a lot of perks. There's a private beach and pool at the Cove. You also get access to the water park, and a little aqua-museum. I believe you can access any of these places for a price if you're not a hotel guest.

My favorite things to do at this resort was the lazy river and water slides at the water park. I also "walked with sharks" where they put in you a suit and a shark tank. Petting dolphins was cool too.

Definitely check out the hotel even if you don't stay there.

Balram Mahabir
    5 Sep 14, 2013

Lots of great sunny beaches nearby. Lovely water park Its close to the town with easy access. The Palm island is wonderful and it is the best resort on the island. There are lots of local food places..

Recommended for:Family TravelersLuxury TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Dacina McNabb
    4 Aug 01, 2013

This place was AMAZING!! We went on our honeymoon and had a fantastic time!! Swimming with the dolphins at Dolphin Cay was the highlight, but the beaches can't be beat!!!!!

Richard P
    5 Aug 01, 2013

Atlantis is the best to stay when visiting the Bahamas. The resort is filled with many things to do! Aquariums, Casino, Shopping, Beach, Snorkeling, etc! They even have a water park with several fun attractions. They even had a free concert on the beach when we were staying there!

Sarah Hirsch
    5 Aug 01, 2013

Basically, the Atlantis is the ultimate hotel. There is so much to do here, you don't need to leave the resort all week, and we pretty much didn't! First, the Atlantis is a stunning hotel. The public spaces are all grand and luxe. Our room, which was the cheapest available, was not as impressive. There are many levels to choose from, but they get fairly expensive fairly quickly. The room sufficed, though, and the resort more than made up for any deficiencies. The restaurants are incredible. Again, expensive, but we were able to get a dining inclusive option that helped with the cost. The activities are amazing. There are plenty of pools to choose from, plus the beach, and Atlantis has its own waterpark with a wide variety of water slides and a lazy river. Atlantis also has some beautiful aquariums. Of course, there is a large casino for entertainment, and a concert theater as well as a movie theater. The kids club program was pricy but is available for those who need it. Our package also included a dolphin encounter which was fun, and they also offer swimming with dolphins. The Atlantis has exchange privileges with the One and Only club on Paradise Island, where we went one night for dinner. The One and Only Club looks like a quiet and peaceful place to head if you are looking for a romantic getaway. We can't wait to return to the Atlantis, it will never be lost to us!

Rita Hrusko
    5 May 13, 2013

The hotel is situated in a breathtaking location and it has its own beautiful beach. It is truly a luxury hotel, very expensive but the service and the facilities make up for it. The rooms are wonderful with an amazing view and the food and service are outstanding. I tried everything in the waterpark including the Mayan slide with the shark pool it was a rush and adrenaline burst when you just freefall through a tube into a pool full of sharks. But the most wonderful experience was the dolphin encounter (also very pricy but priceless at the same time), I will never forget this experience, the dolphins were absolutely amazing and you could hug and kiss them or swim with them. It was a dream come true.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
    Cathy M
    5 May 10, 2013

Access to the beach, many pools, tunnels, water park, cascino. 10 minute walk or take the free shuttle bus.

Fabio Henrique
    2 Feb 22, 2014

Beware, everyone!!!!
    I WAS STOLEN BY A HOTEL´S STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK OF ATLANTIS ROYAL TOWERS!!!
    Unfortunately, as it seems, not only in Brazil consumers have their rights violated. Some companies prefer to take advantage of their position and simply ignore when a costumer faces problems inside their domains. In my case specifically, The Atlantis Paradise Island, located in the Bahamas, a company with a great reputation, didn’t live up to its name.
    From the 18th to the 24th of January, both my girlfriend and I, stayed at the Atlantis Royal Towers, in The Bahamas. Even though the service was great and the accommodations wonderful, on the 23rd I decided to pay our bill and, apparently, something went wrong.
    Around midnight, 24th, I approached the front desk and explained my wish to end my debt. At first, we tried to solve this using a debit card, however it didn't work. I proceeded to the nearest ATM (in the Casino) and withdrew the amount necessary to pay the bill and returned to my room.
    On the last day, I went back to the front desk. I explained to the hotel employee I was checking out and wished to end my debt in cash. The concierge took the money and confirmed that the payment was done, gave me the change and said I owed nothing else. He, then, gave me the receipt in an envelope, which I took and left.
    To my uttermost surprise, when my credit card company sent me my bill I noticed that I was being charged again, for the amount which I had already paid IN CASH at the moment of my check-out. For that reason, I immediately, contacted the hole, via phone, to try and solve the issue.
    Mrs. Suzanna Knowles-Fernander, Quality Assurance Manager, said that to resolve that matter I would have to send an e-mail soliciting that an administrative investigation took place. Thus, I proceeded as instructed by Mrs. Suzanna Knowles-Fernander and sent an e-mail requiring that the company watched the footage of the security cameras to see that I wasn’t lying and just wanted to preserve my rights.
    On February 20th, I sent an e-mail in which I elucidated every detail of the situation. However, the company didn’t respond. I insisted and sent another e-mail on February 28th, to which I got a response on March 4th. And once again, I was taken by surprise.
    The hotel offered me a 2 night complimentary stay at the Royal Towers Water view, which added up to US$640.00 and was far from what I had been charged. Hence, on the 15th of March, around 5 p.m., Caribbean time, I tried calling the hotel to discuss the problem, but was unable to find somebody, even Mr. Ghandi Knowles-Thompson – Risk Management Manager, who could solve the question.
    Finally, on March 20th, I stayed for over half an hour on the phone with the hotel director, Mrs. Deedee. And, believe it or not, after almost two months, I was told that all the hotel could do for me was to extend their previous offer to a 4 night stay. How they could possibly imagine I would want to spend more money on travelling after the torment it had caused, astonished me.
    I was then informed that, if I really sought reimbursement, I would have to take legal measures. As I live in Brazil, the time, trouble, and money I would spend to make my rights prevail are not worth the trouble it would cause me.
    Therefore, I just want make other people aware of this situation, so they won’t fall for the same trap, and have to face all the inconveniences I had to.
    Beware, everyone.

Stacy Graves
    2 Feb 22, 2014

The only reason to come here is for the watersides. Our kids couldn't get enough of them. Very crowded though because the resort sells tickets to the water park to people who are not staying there, like guests from cruise ships who come for the day. The pools are nice, but I couldn't find a single one, even in the Cove, without loud beating music blaring. There was no escaping the music on any of the beaches either. The food is expensive for what you get. Our best meal was at Dune, off the property but on the water at the One and Only Ocean Club. Our room in the Royal Tower was nice, a one bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and plenty of space. For the money though, I'd rather stay at a luxury property on Maui like Fairmont Kea Lani. The best thing we did in the Bahamas was walk off the property of Atlantis, to the left of the Cove and Reef buildings. The beach there is gorgeous and we collected shells and went for a nice quiet walk together where the water is as blue as the sky. Beautiful!

Greg Beutler
    Spiritual Seekers
    4 Jan 17, 2013

nice mojitos, they pour strawberry chambord over the top..$14, but it's tourist prices everywhere. the water park is superb! pricey but good family fun. food is also insanely priced there.

sweetcheese
    4 Dec 23, 2012

Huge aquarium it's call 'The Dig' if you want to walk around at the Atlantis you will have to pay to get in. Price is about $40 per person without rides in the theme park. I think it worth walking in the theme park. Water slides look pretty cool

vivian lin
    4 Dec 21, 2012

the food is not good, and REALLY expensive. i just came back from atlantis earlier this week, and it was surprisingly not packed. i was able to use to water slides almost every day with little to no wait. the staff was friendly, and the place was well-kept. my two major complaints were the lack of food options (especially the buffet food at marketplace was gross) as you are pretty much trapped on the resort. of course, you could leave the property, but you'd have to take a cab ride across the bridge off the island. it's an inconvenience, and atlantis sure knows it!! there aren't many options open at lunch. (just platos-the take away place with paninis, and the buffet at the cove). The upscale restaurants have decent food, but man what a rip off. room service also costs an arm and a leg.

my other complaint is the freezing temperatures! my room was kept at 68 degrees and every time i went to turn the temp higher, it would go back down mysteriously. also, the lobby and restaurants were freezing! we all had to wear sweatshirts and long sleeves to dinner (not cute). especially for the guests coming in from the pool area, you are wet and cold, no need to enter sub-freezing temps coming in from the outside! we suspected it was the hotel's way of forcing you into buying a souvenir sweatshirt.

Gordon Warnock
    5 Nov 18, 2012

Destination Wedding have their own department here, I would put everyone up either at The Reef or The Cove to stay out of the main fray. You probably would only need three days and then take a short hop to a Caribbean honeymoon (St Kitts).

Andrew Lee
    5 Nov 11, 2012

We have a Starwood Vacation Ownership there and it is great, every time. Family friendly with a lot to do.

Axel Ivers
    5 Nov 02, 2012

Although a resort, Atlantis has some of the most beautiful grounds i have ever seen. Awesomely white beaches, some with absolutely clear water and colorful, minnow-sized fish swimming all around you. This place is wonderful..

Vil Purificacion
    5 Oct 30, 2012

The place was great.Atlantis have a very good architetural design.Great aquarium with many marine animals and different kinds of fish..ceiling with inspired murano from venice with Italian artistic design.Huge casino outlet.Dancing water fountain with unicorn playing.Very good poolside by the shore.Good food.

Pamela Gottling
    5 Oct 24, 2012

It was non-stop excitement for teenage son (and husband) with plenty of pool and beach fun. The Aquaventure Waterpark, exhilarating rides through shark filled lagoons, the playful bottlenose dolphins and cute Sea Lions are all an unforgettable part of the vacation. At night there were activities ranging from a no parents allowed nightclub and an ‘underwater’ themed video arcade and the Atlantis Theatre.

Showing Lowest Prices

With a spa, casino, water park, marine habitat and more, the Atlantis Paradise Island is a true world unto itself. A truly spectacular all-inclusive resort.

• Business Center