The Boiling Crab- Rowland Heights

18902 Gale Ave # A, Rowland Heights, CA

• The Boiling Crab- Rowland Heights

I LOVE BOILING CRAB. A pound of cajun style shrimp with two pieces of corn on the cobs on the side, a basket of cajun style fries, and a cup of refillable raspberry ice tea? YUM. I usually add medium spice for my shrimp order and fries because I can still taste the spice without having it over-dominate the rest of the meal. It gets pretty messy during the dining experience but it's just so worth it. Heck, I even make the table messier by drawing on the table sheet with ketchup when I'm with friends. Don't worry, I eventually use the ketchup for the fries so nothing is really wasted. The only two suggestions I have is to expect a long wait time and to avoid ordering catfish WITH an order of cajun fries because the catfish itself comes with cajun fries already.

• The Boiling Crab- Rowland Heights

4 words: OFTEN IMITATED. NEVER DUPLICATED.

When I have an off day, I:

1. Drive to my nearest Boiling Crab.
    2. Surf Instagram during the inevitable wait for a table.
    3. Order half a pound of shrimp in the Whole Sha-Bang (medium) --- extra garlic*.
    4. Order 2 corn on the cobs and 1 order of potatoes (equals 3 medium-sized red potatoes) in Whole Sha-Bang (medium) --- extra garlic*, separate bag to prevent potatoes from soaking up all the sauce for the shrimp.
    5. Add an order of king crab legs, if necessary (for those days your boss decides to take a dump on you).
    6. Put on a bib, and CHOW DOWN.

Asian comfort food at its best.

PS This location has some super cute waitresses. You're welcome.

*garlic makes the world go 'round

• The Boiling Crab- Rowland HeightsPro 2014

I LOVE the sauce that they have here for the craw fish!! 1 of the BEST!! The fries here are great too. This place is even BETTER than Craw fish house!! =) Great service at this location too, the only thing is that it gets REALLY REALLY packed here on the the weekends in the evenings & night. =) So call b4 you come! =)

• The Boiling Crab- Rowland Heights

The only reason this isn't getting 4-5 stars is because THEY RAN OUT OF DUNGENESS CRAB sometimes!!! Your name is Boiling CRAB! DON'T RUN OUT OF CRAB!

I usually come to this one because they seem to ALWAYS have seats. I see people outside waiting so I think... OMG, it's like the Alhambra one. But it's actually because the people waiting outside are either waiting for the TO GO or have LARGE groups and waiting on people. I usually go with one other person, so we get a seat quickly.

FOOD:
    I have ordered the Dungeness crab here (3lbs), shrimp (2lbs), crawfish (2lbs), Sweet Potato Fries, and corn on a cob.
    I always get the WHOLE SHA-BANG.

It's usually good. Messy. Very messy.

The price is pretty high for the food you get (because you have to peel the shrimp yourself - vs. at another restaurant, it's peeled for you). You could go to 99 Ranch and buy a lb of shrimp for $6.99 (or less depending on the season).. but then you have to cook it yourself. ($8.99/lb at BC).

SERVICE:
    Attentive. There are usually a lot of people working there. I went during lunch and we had two people helping us.

PRICE:
    They charge you for water. SO MAD. Yes, I can afford 25 cents, but seriously... charge you for water? hahaha it's suppose to be free.

LOCATION:
    Plenty of parking. In a big plaza. Across the street from 99 Ranch.

AMBIANCE:
    Like you're on a crab boat (the look).
    Doesn't smell despite the fact they have tons of seafood.

• The Boiling Crab- Rowland Heights

I'm so happy that boiling crab decided to open a location here in Rowland. It was right after I moved back from Irvine. I think it was meant to be :]

Regardless, I believe that this location is just as good as the one in Westminister. The wait time was ridiculous when they first opened up. But that has slowly tapered off. But don't get me wrong, you can easily wait up to and hour for a table around dinner time. There are more television sets here to catch up on NBA games. Their Shock Tops are still only $2.50 a bottle, they even have this new raspberry flavor one. They finally got some tissue dispensers instead of throwing you a roll of paper towels.

Always ask for extra garlic!

4,329 people visited The Boiling Crab- Rowland Heights