The Breakers Diving & Surfing Lodge
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- The Breakers Diving & Surfing LodgeFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
The Breakers is a great place to chill out and concentrate on sports. It is located on the peninsula of Soma Bay, where luxury hotels dominate so this lodge impresses with a totally straightforward and relaxed style. The hotel manager is a sporty laid-back German kitesurfer and that style is reflected in the whole place like you rarely find in other hotels. The unique features of the hotel are that it is directly at the 400 meter long jetty leading to the house reef, right next to the Orca diving station, the chill-out sun terrace, the alfresco cinema terrace, the very practical and cosy rooms, the healthy food (ok, ok they serve spectacular chips on the lunch menu), the proximity to the beach, the gym which has the latest techno gym equipment and the general atmosphere which is so relaxed that you can sit around with the hoody all day. This suits the crowd that checks in here which consists mainly of water sports people, divers, kite surfers and the likes. But for all others who like a budget-but-nice holiday and just wanna laze around the beach, The Breakers is a great option as well, as you can use the general facilities of Soma Bay like the luxury SPA or the golf course.
Excellent!514 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for sports.
- The hotel is perfect for swimmers according to guests.
- Hotel98% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance97% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location94% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Food89% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 74%.