The Cavendish London

81 Jermyn St | St. James's, London SW1Y 6JF, England

• The Cavendish LondonPro 2014
    D'Maris Coffman
    5 Jul 25, 2014

Very modern, smart, elegant. Great for business travel, families and couples but not much storage space for extended stays. High end of four star range. It's a nice place to stay on either business or pleasure.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversBusiness TravelersLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
    Jacqueline Rocamora
    5 Jul 19, 2014

Absolutely LOVED this hotel! My dad and I stayed here for five nights recently on our trip to London.

LOCATION: Excellent! Right in the heart of St. James, it's a perfect location right off of Piccadilly Circus. I liked that it wasn't located on a major busy road like Piccadilly, because it was MUCH quieter and literally right around the corner from a busy street. Also, it's literally right next to Fortnum & Mason, London's oldest "grocery" store, which was a pleasant surprise to discover! The Cavendish was also conveniently located between two Tube stations - Green Park and Piccadilly Circus, although my dad and I frequented Green Park as our go-to station. Several sites were also within a mile walking distance, such as everything in the Westminster area (Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben/Houses of Parliament, London Eye, etc.), shopping in Mayfair, nightlife and shows in Piccadilly Circus, Harrod's in Knightsbridge, etc. Everything else that was over a mile away was a quick 1 or 2 Tube stops away, which was super convenient!

CHECK-IN: Super easy. They have several men escorting all of the guests in and out of the building upon arrival and departure. All of them are SUPER helpful and nice! The front desk people were also very nice and well, and gave us no problems. Once we were ready to go up to our room, one of the bellhops/doormen carried our suitcases with us and took us up to our hotel room, and explained all of the amenities in the room. His name was Jack or Jacek? I think. Super nice guy, kudos to him for being super friendly and helpful!

OUR ROOM: We were in a corner room on the top floor (14th floor, excluding 15th floor penthouse), which may be the reason why our room was on the larger side. I had read many reviews about how hotel rooms are notoriously tiny in London, but I think because our room was on the corner of the building we got lucky and it was a pretty good size. We had a nice little hallway in our room when you first entered with a mirrored double door closet, and then a queen bed, two nightstands, a small table with a chair, and a desk with a TV overhead. Wifi was free and accessible in the room, which was a MAJOR plus. Unfortunately I don't think we had US plugs, but we already had one we brought and we also bought another one at the Boots down the street for less than 5 pounds. Our bathroom was really nice and modern! The sink was a white bowl, and the shower and toilet were also very nice. Loved the modern and classy silver touches!

THE HOTEL ITSELF: I really liked that this hotel was on the small side and had a boutique-type feel. There were probably 20 rooms per floor, so I'm assuming around 200 rooms, but definitely much smaller than other hotels I've stayed at. The lobby and entryway were moderately sized, but definitely not huge and as grandiose as other hotels I had checked out online. It was never busy, crowded, or noisy, which was very nice and pleasant.

SERVICE: Whilst checking out, my dad and I had arranged for a shuttle van to pick us up from the Cavendish and take us to London Heathrow airport. Annoyingly enough, the shuttle service sucked and my dad and I had been waiting for an HOUR because the shuttle was running so late! It was so frustrating. The doorman working at the time was awesome and asked my dad for the number, and called the shuttle service several times to ask about where they were and why they weren't on time, etc. It was super awesome that he checked for us and all we did was sit there in the lobby. Then when the shuttle finally arrived, he loaded all of our bags into the van for us! idk what his name was, but I really appreciated his service!

PRICE: This hotel wasn't cheap, but totally worth what we spent here. I don't know how much it was for hotel alone, but I know for our round trip flights to and from San Francisco + 5 nights at the Cavendish, it was just around $3,000/person.

THE VERDICT: Overall, I HIGHLY recommend The Cavendish and would totally stay here again in the future! Excellent location, beautiful spacious room, wonderful service, clean and boutique-like. Can't get any better than that!

Keith Favreau
    5 Sep 16, 2013

This hotel was top notch. Our room had a large window looking out to the London Eye. The hotel was modern and posh.

Taesha Elfetory
    5 Mar 27, 2013
Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

Set in the heart of London, this hotel is close to Spencer House and Trafalgar Square, as well as Buckingham Palace. Other attractions include Big Ben.

Features.
Dining options at The Cavendish London include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. This 4.0 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, secretarial services, and limo/town car service. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. This London property has event space consisting of banquet facilities and conference/meeting rooms. The property offers an airport shuttle (surcharge). Wedding services and tour/ticket assistance are available. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and multilingual staff. This is a smoke free property. A total renovation of this property was completed in November 2009.

Guestrooms.
There are 230 guestrooms at The Cavendish London. Beds come

... read more
with premium bedding. Coffee/tea makers and minibars are offered. Bathrooms feature handheld showerheads. They also offer phones, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Wireless and wired high speed Internet access is available for a surcharge; guestrooms also offer direct dial phones, voice mail, and complimentary newspapers. 32 inch LCD televisions have premium satellite channels and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, blackout drapes/curtains, electronic/magnetic keys, and clock radios. Guests may request a turndown service, irons/ironing boards, and hypo allergenic bedding. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestroom renovations were completed in November 2009. Guestrooms are all non smoking.

Notifications and Fees:

• There are no room charges for children 12 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.

The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

• Valet parking: GBP 40 per night

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

Excellent! - 89% of guests recommend

• Coffee & Tea Maker
  • Safe
  • Mini Bar In Room
  • Handicap Accessible

Excellent!1097 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
  • Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
    Excellent value for money, said 98%.
  • Service
    98% found the staff to be very friendly.
    96% liked the proximity to shopping.
    83% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
  • Room
    75% were happy with the bathroom.
    Excellent hotel.