About The Cheesecake Factory:
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 74%Business Travelers
- 69%Nightlife Lovers
- 69%Adventure Travelers
User Reviews (49 Reviews)
- The Cheesecake FactoryAmbassadorMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4Jan 03, 2014
One of the staples of American dining at various shopping malls, Cheesecake Factory offers a huge menu of delicious eats, ranging from pasta to seafood to poultry/steak, salad, and of course... cheesecake. Their cheesecake is world-renowned and comes in many flavors that is sure to satisfy anyone and everyone.
Some of my favorite dishes:
(1) Pecan-Crusted Catfish: with Mashed Potatoes and sweet corn
(2) Seared Tuna Tataki Salad: Fresh Ahi Lightly Seared and Served Rare with Avocado, Tomato and Mixed Greens Tossed with Wasabi Vinaigrette.
(3) Pasta Carbonara: Spaghettini with Smoked Bacon, Green Peas, and a Garlic-Parmesan Cream Sauce. Available with Chicken.
(1) Blueberry Cheesecake - lots of blueberry flavor, although a bit too sweet
(2) Mango/Key Lime Cheesecake - smooth and silky
The dishes are all quite large, so you certainly won't leave the restaurant hungry. The cheesecake slices are heaven so satisfy your sweet tooth! The serving staff is ultra friendly and even sing you a Happy Birthday song if it's your special day.
Drawback: no reservations are taken at Cheesecake Factory, so it's a hit or miss depending on when you come. If it's a large party, be prepared to wait a long long long time! Come for the food, atmosphere and cheesecake!!!
- The Cheesecake FactoryMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersBackpackersJul 04, 2012
Another restaurant chain that I liked and that I will certainly visit again. It was my first time and I liked both food and service. For a crowed place, I though the experience would be worst.
Of course you need to be prepared to wait around 25 to 40 minutes to get a table since you are right in the middle of Union Square, but overall, I liked it.
- The Cheesecake FactoryMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Jul 04, 2012
It's funny to go through the macy's entrance to take the elevator up. On a nice day the view isn't half bad - it's generally windy though. The only really nice thing this spot has going for it is really the location and that it's central to the area so it's convenient to meet up.
I have become fond of the corn tamale things here...I think they are appetizers. And honestly I don't know if they are a dessert or not.
All in all I wouldn't generally come to this branch. It wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't shoot the idea down either. I do have a certain level of attachment here. But I'd rather go to another spot around the corner if I could get last minute reservations over at the St. Francis.
- The Cheesecake FactoryMember ofBudget TravelersFamily TravelersHistory Buffs+ 1Feb 23, 2014
This particular location has a great view overlooking Union Square. The mango lime cheesecake & the godiva cheesecake were delectable. My advice would be to split an entree & order 2 cheesecakes.
- The Cheesecake FactoryMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 3Jan 16, 2014
I loved the Cheesecake factory, however, be prepared for some huge waiting line. I wasn't in the mood to wait, so I ordered take out Macadamia Caramel cheesecake and the piece was so huge that it lasted me 3 days on the hotel minibar.
- The Cheesecake FactoryMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 3Nov 21, 2013
Hmmmm. I am soooo not a lover of any chain restaurant. As hard as I try to like Cheesecake Factory, I still find myself conflicted. I can tell you that it is noisy and there is too much food on the plates. It is just TOO MUCH. hat I do like is that the service is always quick, the bartenders always seem to make yummy drinks and the Vietnamese Spring Rolls are actually quite good.
- The Cheesecake FactoryOct 20, 2013
Well...if you have to go to The Cheesecake Factory, this outpost isn't so bad. Take the elevator up to the top floor and expect a long wait. It's pretty much like every Cheesecake Factory out there, but if you can get a seat out on the patio or by the windows, the view is really quite lovely.
- The Cheesecake FactorySep 14, 2013
Your typical American fare with average tasting food. Caesar salad was pretty boring but big servings. My daughter and I shared the bistro shrimp pasta. It was ok. The only reason I settled for this place is because my kids can be picky eaters and I wanted to make sure they were happy. Plus they have a huge variety of cheesecakes for dessert.
However, a big plus is their patio seating overlooking Union square.
- The Cheesecake FactoryMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersFamily Travelers+ 1Aug 10, 2013
I just love how many options they have on their menu, usually in restaurants that have so many items on the menu the food is not that good but they make it work.
There are many options for Vegeterians and for VegansRecommended for:Vegetarian
- The Cheesecake FactoryMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Nov 22, 2013
Such a convenient location, great food, great cheesecake. I love their sweet corn tamales cake, thai chicken lettuce wraps, kobe burger, and ahi tare tare! I usually have to get it all the time! Yes, all of them because I can never decide!!!!! Food is very consistent, always the same. It's the service that always changes. Sometimes good, sometimes it can ruin your whole experience. I hope you will always get good service!!