The Clarendon Hotel

401 W Clarendon Ave Phoenix, AZ 85013 United States

Mahin Sciacca
    5 Nov 07, 2013

Love this place! We go there for drinks, dinner, or any excuse we can find!

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesLocal Culture
    Andrea Kristine
    4 Jun 14, 2014

Friendly, clean, great staff. The rooms are trendy and modernized. Lots of fun to stay at for locals and certainly for out of town guests. Highly recommended.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersBusiness TravelersLocal CultureArt & Design Lovers
    Anne-Marie Pritchett
    4 Oct 27, 2013

Although The Clarendon is an older building, I think the intended charm of the designers is apparent. I wasn’t expecting much due to the sub-par reviews for this close to downtown Phoenix hotel. Maybe that’s why I was pleasantly surprised by the kindness and welcome I felt from the moment I entered until I left. The style is unique to the area (it’s closer to the style of Old Town Scottsdale Boutique Hotels). It’s in a great location for a fun evening. Start by hanging out at the pool and catching the sunset on the sundeck. Then, get yourself pretty and hit Postino Wine Bar for bruschetta and wine. Move on to a couple of hipster lounges, The Vig and The Garage. It makes for a chill evening of good food, good wine, entertainment and a cool place to lay your head.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversLocal CultureNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Brian Poore
    3 Aug 22, 2013

The Clarendon Hotel offers a quick journey back to the 60s, but with spotty WiFi. The staff is friendly, the location is near downtown - within an easy walk of the light rail - but also seems tucked away from the teeming streets nearby. Positives include the (heated) retro pool, the broad view from the rooftop deck, the minimalist 60s style decor and the overall cosmopolitan vibe of the place. If you want a good launching point to enjoy Phoenix's First Friday events, the Clarendon is a solid choice. Negatives include the spotty WiFi and - on occasions - the noise. In may case, I unwittingly booked my stay for a night when they had a concert on the deck, which went til nearly midnight, making sleep impossible. I phoned the front desk to ask when the concert was going to be over, but no one answered the phones. If I hadn't been there on a concert night - or if I hadn't been too exhausted to enjoy the concert - my rating would have jumped up a star.

Recommended for:Local CultureBusiness Travelers
    Ben Bethel
    5 Aug 12, 2013

The Clarendon Hotel is a local favorite... best things about the place: 24-hour stays, so you can check in at 10pm and not have to check out until 10pm the next day... free unlimited bottled water and minibar snacks/drinks... amazing pool area with cabanas... amazing rooftop bar... one of the best restaurants in Arizona... and really comfortable beds...

James Card
    3 Jul 05, 2012

I have heard similar reviews to Alesha B's about the decor of the hotel and similar frustrations. I went to check it out for myself anyway. I was surprised when I saw how big the rooms were and I experienced good service from the front desk. They even offered me a snack, they must of have been after my heart. The decor could be beefed up to compete with the other hotels in the area. I did enjoy the late night availability of snacks and the night time swim. All in all it was an ok experience for me, but not nearly as excited to walk in as I was some of the other downtown hotels.

Alesha B
    1 Jul 05, 2012

I’d typically prefer to not leave any feedback about an experience than a negative one, but my stay at The Clarendon was pretty near a disaster. To start with the positive; the location was great in the heart of Phoenix though tucked away off the beaten path, and the pool area nice. That’s about it.

The attempt at a retro décor just seemed shabby and sloppy unfortunately. Upon making my reservation I was clear about my utter requirement for Wi-Fi in my room to which I was assured would be no problem. This was not the case. I was moved to another room “closer to the router”, still to no avail. After expressing my frustrations to the apathetic desk clerk the manager arrived and offered to direct me to another hotel down the street. I left frustrated and with the manager’s business card with a promise for a free stay scribbled on the back; though I don’t think I’ll be using it.

Warren Whitlock
    4 Jun 26, 2014

fun and less expensive than downtown.. drive a few blocks and turn back the clock

Showing Lowest Prices

This hotel is in mid-town Phoenix close to downtown and 5.8 miles from the airport. The $20 per night service fee inludes covered parking, long distance calls, Keurig coffee, newspaper, unlimited bottled water and mini bar snacks, free welcome spa treatment, weekly yoga sessions and flamenco dancing performances, access to the fitness club and pool passes. The hotel has a top-notch restaurant and ... read more
lounge, Gallo Blanco, and rooftop skydeck slated to open soon. The property has just been updated with new wi-fi and free bike rentals. Also, rate includes a full 24-hour stay from the time you check in for every guest.

• Business Center
  • Fitness Center
  • Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Swimming Pool
  • Free Hi Speed Internet
  • Pets Allowed

Very Good!905 reviews across the web.

• Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
  • This is a wonderful boutique hotel, as guests say.
  • Service
    98% found the staff to be very friendly.
  • Ambiance
    98% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
    Great parking, according to 97%.
  • Food
    94% were happy with the price.
  • Grounds
    Pool was lovely, according to 85%.
    78% thought it was clean.

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix