The Dictionary Hostel, Shoreditch
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 74%Budget Travelers
- 62%Nightlife Lovers
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- The Dictionary Hostel, ShoreditchMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11First to ReviewOct 22, 2013
Funky and independently run, the Dictionary is a current favorite of ours. The only hostel in Shoreditch, it's also your only real budget option (outside of chains) in London's cool East End. Just because it's the only option doesn't mean it's not great, however. The owners have years of London hostel experience and have used this place to make all their wildest dreams come true (think art gallery/laundromat). Their bar, Translate, is open to the public, so it's also a great place to stay if you want to meet people outside the budget and backpacker crew.Recommended for:
Good!932 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Location99% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Ambiance95% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service85% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel80% thought it was clean.
- Food73% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel BuildingAcceptable building.
- Free Hi Speed Internet