The District at Tustin Legacy

2437 Park Avenue, Tustin, CA 92782, United States

• The District at Tustin LegacyPro 2014
    Jason L
    2 Jul 03, 2013

Hmm. Maybe I will complain about the parking situation later. I am surprised that Tustin Legacy does not have a higher rating (not counting parking). This place is pretty much brand new. Okay maybe it was built 2 years ago, but its new to me. Its location is near Jamboree so its easy to access for the North Irvine people. I still consider this place Irvine ish, because the Tustin is just the other side of the Irvine border. I thought that Tustin had enough shopping centers it has the Market Place just on the opposite side of 5 Freeway. Well.. I guess if Costa Mesa can have a ridiculous sized shopping center, why can't Tustin?

I like how the Tustin Legacy has a downtown kind of feel to it. I think that's what the designer was going for... A downtown Hollywood feel with both parking and traffic headaches. I really do love how there can be 5 cars and an empty parking lot and there will still be traffic at The District. Usually the strategy I use when I visit, I will park as far away as possible and near an exit. That way I can walk, because walking is much faster than trying to drive from one end to the other. Just be care for the speed manics driving through the parking lot. I don't miss LA, so why recreate this nightmare in Tustin?

Note to designer. Please take notes. Design a mall with stores and restaurants on the inside and parking on the outside. BRILLIANT!! The only reason anyone should go to The District. If you are there early and have free AMC tickets. Grab some food and enjoy a great theater experience. If you are trying to get cheap gas at Costco, go for it but get there during off peak times and prepare to wait about 10 to 15 minutes. Is it worth saving a dollar to waste 15 minutes? Even if you make minimum wage your time is worth more than that. Costco in Irvine is faster.

Recommended for:Business TravelersGreen TravelersFamily Travelers
  • The District at Tustin LegacyPro 2014
    Schel @schel74
    1 Jul 05, 2012

Ok I want to know how the head architect got this place approved when s/he was so obviously on CRACK. Let me simply say that if you come here during a prime time period you are one VERY VERY STUPID PERSON.

I have literally never in my life seen such a bad ingress/egress for a mall. ANYWHERE ON THE THREE CONTINENTS THAT I HAVE BEEN TO... I dont care if we are in a first second or third world country. Never have I come across something so poorly designed as this.

I mean seriously people. several tight entrances and you have some of the biggest box stores around let alone a grocery store movie theater and a number of restaurants!!! I really think the true entertainment value of this place is watching people try and make it anywhere!

PRO TIP: DONT COME HERE (DURING A PRIME TIME SLOT)

I mean is there anything worse than going somewhere with a couple of tiny entrances that is a designated to draw in like 4000 people??? That is at least 2000 cars at a time... its just insanity... Think:

*Costco
    *Tilly's
    *28 restaurants
    *Bowling Alley
    *Office Depot

etc etc etc... Seriously this place is just insane... I avoid it like the plague, but have actually had to go by their this week... UGH... I hated despised and wished I could get out of it... but I couldnt... I immediately remembered why I despise this place with a passion...

• The District at Tustin Legacy