Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%Business Travelers
- 74%Art & Design Lovers
- 51%History Buffs
Member Reviews (6)
- The DorchesterMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 2Oct 10, 2013
An art décor dazzler where extraordinary service, supreme comfort and modernity greatly synergize to provide one of the most outstanding accommodations at relatively good rates in London. The delicious Afternoon Tea served at the stunning promenade is one of the best in town. Each of its 194 guestrooms includes private lobbies, up-market toiletries, state-of-the-art entertainment equipment, and stunning Italian marble bathrooms on a strikingly beautiful British décor. Incredibly memorable gastronomy are the steaks at The Grill Restaurant, the finest contemporary French cuisine at the three Michelin starred Alain Ducasse, and the innovative Asian flavors at China Teng coupled with its endless live jazz and dramatic Shanghai 1920’s décor. Both, the fully equipped gym and Spa featuring a variety of modern instruments and treatments are inviting destinations onsite. The hotel has been home to high-profile guests such as Winston Churchill, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Elizabeth Taylor, Mariah Carey, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, and Lady GaGa. Situated on Park Lane in the fashionable Mayfair district overlooking Hyde Park, the Dorchester is near major shopping areas including Knightsbridge, Bond, Oxford and Regent Streets, and a gateway to the British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the London Eye, Tower of London and the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden.
- The DorchesterMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesLuxury Travelers+ 1Nov 02, 2012
Where the Fake Sheikh, an investigative reporter of the now defunct News of the World tabloid who used to pose as Arab royalty, conducted his sting operations against various celebrities and minor royals resulting in some pretty salacious front page splashes. The Dorchester has recently re-established its leadership at the very top end of the market, following extensive refurbishment of its 22 suites by designer Alexandra Champalimaud.
- The DorchesterMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4Aug 26, 2012
The Dorchester in one of London's oldest and finest five star hotels. It was built the early nineteen thirties, and recently renovated. This hotel is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.
Excellent!338 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location95% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Service93% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel91% thought it was clean.
- Food85% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- GroundsPleasant grounds. 79% of guests gave positive comments.