- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Data Ports
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Mini Bar In Room
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 60%Luxury Travelers
- 51%Local Culture
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 51%Art & Design Lovers
- 51%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (17)
- The DrakeJul 04, 2012
The Drake is impressive, all lit up at night while you are driving to it on Lakeshore Drive, with its red neon sign glowing at you. It almost feels Medieval when you first approach it with a dragon perched outside the doorway. The first thing I was drawn to was curio case with a whole miniature mechanical lit-up circus with a carousel in a case on the wall. They also had the biggest flower arrangement I have ever seen in the dining room. It was really unique. Everything felt antique-y and 20th century. There was a little couch in one of the elevators, and we guessed that it there was in case you drank too much you could then just rest there awhile. The suite was huge and rustic. It would be a great place to have a party or a meeting because there is so much open space. The room also had the best view of the beach you could ever want.
Dining options include the upscale Drake Bros. and seafood eatery Cape Cod. The COQ d'OR offers comfort food in a bar setting and Palm Court hosts a high tea each afternoon. Room service is open Sunday to Thursday 6am -1am and Friday- Saturday 6am to 2am for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and beverage service.
The Drake has 535 rooms and 74 suites. Guest rooms have city views and lake views. Beds have pillowtop mattresses and luxury linens, with hypo allergenic pillows by request. All rooms have 32-inch flat panel TVs and iPod docking stations can be requested from the Concierge Desk. Complimentary newspaper delivery includes USA Today Monday through Friday, and Chicago Tribune Saturday and Sunday. Nightly turndown service with chocolate. Rooms have minibars and hair dryers. A limited number of refrigerators are available upon request.
Notifications and Fees:
- Children 18 and under incur no extra charges when staying with parents in their rooms. Daily rate for high speed internet is $12.95. Parking fees are valet $50 and $35 for self-park. Late checkout until 4 p.m. is ½ day extra charge and full day extra charge past 4 p.m. Pets are permitted with a required $75 cleaning fee, and maximum 75 pounds. Rollaway beds are $30 nightly.
Excellent!1782 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Location96% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel89% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance89% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Food77% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant. 74% of guests gave positive feedback.