- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Data Ports
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Video Check Out
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Mini Bar In Room
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 88%Luxury Travelers
- 73%Local Culture
- 56%Nightlife Lovers
- 56%Art & Design Lovers
- 55%Business Travelers
- 51%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (25)
- The DriskillJul 04, 2012
Old school classic Austin hotel. If I had a picture in my head of what an upscale classy classic western hotel in the heart of Texas looked like, this would be it. The room was great, and the service was excellent. The bar downstairs was apparently newly renovated as well. So cool! Lots of wood, leather furniture, and obligatory bull horns, but it wasn't nearly as cheesy as that sounds.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- The DriskillMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Jul 04, 2012
The Driskill is one of Austin's oldest and most beautiful hotels. Rooms start at $135 a night, and the bar at the convenient downtown location is a known celebrity hotspot.
- The DriskillMember ofLuxury TravelersJul 04, 2012
I stayed here during SXSW and the hotel is beautiful. I love old buildings with history and the Driskill definitely has some. It's also very conveniently located and where all the action is at during the music portion of SXSW.
- The DriskillMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 5Jul 03, 2012
The Driskill is an incredible historic hotel right in the heart of downtown Austin. You'll get only the best of Southern hospitality here. The turn down service was also top notch as they laid a yellow rose on my pillow along with a cozy robe on my bed. My room was gorgeous - the 20' ceilings make the room that much more grand, and all the furniture is beautiful. The free WiFi in the entire hotel is a huge plus, and it also has a gym, bar, formal restaurant and a cafe and is conveniently located on lively 6th street, which is where all the live music goes down at night.
Excellent!1024 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Location98% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Ambiance93% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food84% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building. 81% satisfied guests.
- Hotel78% thought it was clean.