The Fairmont Royal York
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 80%Business Travelers
- 69%Family Travelers
- 63%Local Culture
- 63%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (14)Write a review
- The Fairmont Royal YorkMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Aug 05, 2014
Beautiful grand old hotel that is in immaculate condition, I didn't stay here, but a date insisted we come here for a drink since she loves the space so much. Great place to come for a drink and if the rooms are anything like the lobby they must be sweet.mRecommended for:
- The Fairmont Royal YorkMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersHistory BuffsAdventure TravelersAug 09, 2014
The Fairmont Royal York is top of the line. Everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Very nice staff, beautiful rooms and lobby, spa, good dining, etc. Definitely would stay here again.Recommended for:
- The Fairmont Royal YorkMember ofLocal CultureLuxury TravelersArt & Design LoversAug 03, 2014
Nice old line hotel in a great location directly across from Union Station with underground access. They also have good bathrooms if you need them while you are walking around.Recommended for:
- The Fairmont Royal YorkMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Aug 05, 2014
Gorgeous old hotel, with a prime location and convenient entry to the path system. The rooms, specifically the baths, can seem a bit dated but are still charming. THE place to stay in Toronto.Recommended for:
- The Fairmont Royal YorkJul 04, 2012
This is a very high class place, and generally I wouldn't find myself here, simply because I'm not that rich (yet). However, sometimes just to feel posh for the evening, or before going out to the Ballet or the Symphony if I wish to feel a bit more high-society, I like to come down to one of my favourite spots inside the hotel - The Library Bar. A cozy place with nice atmosphere, comfy arm chairs, and old books, this place serves some really nice martinis. You can probably get a martini anywhere else for $10, but to sit in a high-class lounge like this, to be amongst affluence, wearing my finest clothes, while sipping on a $10 dollar martini, really tickles my fancy sometimes.
- The Fairmont Royal YorkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Aug 05, 2014
This is the Grande Dame of the old Canadian Pacific (now Fairmont) chain. It's a hotel that is classy in so many ways. This includes the afternoon Tea, the Library Bar, the art deco architecture, the Lobby, and of course its place in the middle of downtown and across the street from the train station. The latter is why the hotel was built in the first place (along with the Banff Springs Hotel, Chateau Lake Louise, the Palister in Calgary, the Hotel MacDonald in Edmonton and others). They certainly don't build hotels like these anymore.
The staff is first class and the property itself has nice shopping, restaurant, and recreation choices. It's also connected to the Toronto underground.
Dining options at The Fairmont Royal York include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an indoor pool, a children's pool, a health club, a spa tub, and a sauna. Spa amenities include spa services, massage/treatment rooms, beauty services, and a hair salon. This 4.0 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, limo/town car service, and audio visual equipment. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. This Toronto property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. Business services, wedding services, and tour assistance are available. Additional property amenities include a coffee shop/café, valet parking, and a concierge desk.
Notifications and Fees:
- There are no room charges for children 17 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Self parking: C$ 27 per day
- Valet parking: C$ 40 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Pets Allowed
- Data Ports
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Video Check Out
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Mini Bar In Room
Very Good!4504 reviews across the web.
- Guests say it is the perfect hotel for a city trip.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 99%.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.
- RestaurantSalads were tasty, according to 83%.
- Hotel77% thought it was clean.
- Hotel Building75% enjoyed the lobby entrance.
- AmbianceAcceptable entertainment, said 69%.