The Federal Bar

102 Pine Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90802

• The Federal Bar
    Steven Lam
    1 Feb 23, 2014

So we came here on a Sunday for lunch after we saw a living social deal. There were open tables when we got there but there we're all reserved for people who made reservations, so we made reservations at 1:15pm because it's open and so was 1pm. The hostess says they are not taking any more reservations and that we would have to wait even though reservations are available. They are plenty of tables open from what we saw and people are getting seated as they came in which could be from reservations. Either way after waiting for about 20mins, we left to go elsewhere.

• The Federal BarPro 2014
    Trina D.
    4 Sep 25, 2013

I had been lusting over some foodie photos taken at the Federal Bar in Long Beach for months. Then one day, I saw a LivingSocial deal for brunch. Of course, online coupons can be hit or miss but all those blog photos can't be wrong. I bought the deal which included 2 entrees and bottomless mimosas. I don't know about you but I'm not going to pass up bottomless mimosas. No way.

So last Sunday, my friend Julie B. and I went to the Federal Bar for brunch to celebrate her birthday. She was super excited because she had no idea what we were doing for brunch. We walked in to give our name to the hostess and we're ushered into the large, spacious dining room. The Federal Bar is located inside an old bank so it has high ceilings and a gorgeous art deco interior. The staff is dressed up in 1920s clothing circa the Great Gatsby. This place would be awesome for a party! Our server came by and took our orders for the mimosas and my LivingSocial certificate.

I ordered the red velvet waffle sandwich but was informed that they had run out of waffles. TRAGEDY! Especially since they had just been open an hour when we walked in. The waitress suggested the breakfast burger which also had the sweet and savory combination I was looking for. Julie ordered the omelette with short rib. Our entrees came out shortly after and I have to say their food is so delicious! The burger was perfectly cooked to order. I asked for medium. The maple aioli was a nice touch and I loved the heirloom tomatoes. The French fries were covered in parmesan and parsley but so tasty. Julie really liked her omelette as well and ate the entire thing. My mimosa glass was constantly refilled to the point where I had to ask her to stop filling it because I had to drive. I'd definitely come back here for brunch. It's a shame that it's so far away from me though. I'll also come back to try out their dinner menu as well. They have a full bar with a few craft cocktails that sound interesting. I'll definitely be back.

9 people visited The Federal Bar