The Federal Bar

5303 Lankershim Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA

• The Federal Bar

Great food and drinks. they serve food til late. live music. And we going upstairs to dance after. :)

• The Federal Bar

Great place to have after parties, whether you just finished a show at El Portal or an event at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Good memories can be made here.

• The Federal BarPro 2014

You talk about a bar and eatery, this is the place to be!

It was a great night and my wife surprised me by taking me here. It was our first time. The decor and atmosphere felt like a mix of downtown and pub all in one.

We both started off with a beer. They have so many types its ridiculous so it was hard to choose. Katie our waitress helped us out. My wife got the Seadog Blueberry and I got the Bit Tabby. Both were great beers. The Seadog Blueberry smelled like fresh pancakes with a alcoholic kick. The Bit Tabby had a great bite to it.

Our waitress then brought us some bread, which smelled just out of the oven fresh. From that point it was time to order some dinner. The menu made it hard to choose (lots of great choices), but we went with the burgers. My wife had the Greco burger which is lamb, feta, tzatziki, cucumber, tomato, olive, redwine, vin, evoo, oregano. I had the Federal burger which is prime angus, aged cheddar, balsamic onion
    compote, garlic chips, romaine, brioche bun. Both burgers are great and they do fill you up in combination with the House Fries-Fresh Herb And Garlic. In between the bread and the burgers we had an appetizer which was the BBQ Pork Belly Skewers. They come three to a stick. That was an added bonus.

For dessert, my wife had the Grand Marnier & Pecan Bread Pudding and I had the Spicy Chocolate Milkshake. The bread pudding alone can fill you up, my wife was unable to finish. The milkshake was unique indeed. It had a little spice which didn't kick in until it went down. It was a great treat to end the birthday.

I would definitely recommend this place. Its not only a great happy hour place but its also an awesome place for wonderful food.

Bar/Lounge/Club review

First time here and it's a Saturday night! Entry is off of Lankershim and everything is on the second floor. Entry is $10 (got here around 10ish)...the place wasn't popping till 11:30pm. One plus is that they have an outdoor patio for smokers and dancers that are overheating!

The ladies's restroom have three stalls, so the wait wasn't bad. Negatives, the restroom is stuffy and small.

They had about 3 bartenders tonight. When we got our drinks, I can tell the bartender was stressed since he was yelling at my friend saying we were confusing the order. I am damn sure we weren't drunk and that the bartender was just getting overwhelmed with the crowd. My poor friend.

As for the crowd, it had a good mix (hippie) and the age group seemed late 20s to early 30s.

Would I come back? Maybe...

• The Federal Bar

Good food, even better beer. Gets pretty happening on the second floor on the weekends.

Recommended for:Family TravelersBackpackers