The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 74%Art & Design Lovers
- 72%History Buffs
Member Reviews (16)
- The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
- The Grove Park Inn Resort & SpaMember ofBusiness TravelersFamily TravelersLuxury TravelersSep 07, 2012
A castle. Don't expect pristine conditions, but you can bet the bank you'll be more than impressed by this landmark. The hotel was built nearly 100 years ago. Its got a massive wood burning fireplace in the lobby that I could easily stand up in (I didn't try it). The resort is perched/overlooks a sprawling green lawn/golf course, amidst the Blue Ridge Mountains. Asking the staff, I found out F Scott Fitzgerald stayed there for a couple summers, Thomas Edison, George Gershwin, Obama, Clinton, Henry Ford...have all stayed here. I was there in the Springtime...which was amazing, but if i had to do it again, I'd go in teh Fall to see this beauty complimented by Autumn foliage.
- The Grove Park Inn Resort & SpaSep 05, 2012
This is such a unique hotel. It's literally nestled into the mountain and the "Arts and Crafts" exterior is so distinctive. That said, it's getting dated and could use a lil' TLC (especially the "old wing"). The rooms are pretty good, but the common spaces (especially the hallways) show a lot of wear and tear. The staff also seemed a bit discombobulated. No major issues, but I expect more when paying top dollar (and based on the Inn's reputation). The views are still spectacular, and despite being rough around the edges this place still oozes charm and history. And the spa is not to be missed!Recommended for:History Buffs
- The Grove Park Inn Resort & SpaFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
This is one of the most beautiful "Arts and Crafts" style inns in America. The surrounding area has days and days worth of attractions, including the Biltmore Estate and Great Smokeys National Park. The hotel and spa are absolutely luxurious, with spectacular views and ammenities. Highly recommended!Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
Very Good!717 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for golfers.
- Guests think this is a good wellness hotel.
- Wellness/Sportstop-notch fitness area, thought 90%.
- HotelHotel is great. 81% satisfied guests.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 80%.
- Hotel Building80% enjoyed the lobby entrance.
- Ambiance72% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Location70% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.