Perfect walk, only minutes from the house. Here you will see a classic Victorian formal garden and can wander along tranquil footpaths. Closes at dusk so don't miss!
Things to do near The Halifax Public Gardens for Luxury Travelers
- 10.17 miSackville & Brunswick Street, Halifax, NS B3H Canada0.17 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens1 review
A national historic site of Canada, the Halifax Citadel is a gateway to a bygone era. Enter and you will discover the important role it has played in the birth of this city and in the development of a nation. Restored facilities combine with modern exhibits to showcase why this fort holds a special place in the hearts of Canadians. ...Popular with
- 20.17 mi1515 Dresden Row Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 4B10.17 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens1 review
Pete's Frootique is the closest thing my small hometown has to a Whole Foods market, but if you ask me, it's a little bit better. I'm kind of obsessed with the place. It's whole a huge selection of organic (and non-organic) produce, a wide range of imported goods, gourmet cheeses, a fantastic deli, a posh chocolate and fudge counter and ...
- 30.22 mi1747 Summer Street, Halifax, NS B3H Canada0.22 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens1 review
The journey to this permanent location encompasses many stops and identities along the way: from its rooms in the Post Office Building in 1868 as the Provincial Museum; quarters at the Burns & Murray Building on Hollis St in 1898; to a section of the Nova Scotia Technical College Building on Spring Garden Rd in 1910, and a name change ...Popular with
- 40.52 mi1675 Lower Water Street, Halifax, NS B3J Canada0.52 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens5 reviews
Located in the heart of Halifax’s waterfront, there’s no better place to immerse yourself in Nova Scotia’s rich maritime heritage than the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. From small craft boatbuilding to World War Convoys, the Days of Sail to the Age of Steam, the Titanic to the Halifax Explosion, you’ll discover the stories, events and people that have come ...Popular with
- 50.86 mi1055 Marginal Road, Halifax, NS B3H Canada0.86 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens4 reviews
Canada's immigration museum. I visited in 1999, and according to wikipedia that was the year the museum opened. Two years earlier I had been to Ellis Island, and there are similarities but Pier 21 is still worth the visit.Popular with
- 60.92 miMarginal Rd, Halifax, NS B3H4P8, Canada0.92 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens3 reviews
If you are around on the weekend, especially Saturday, this is the place to be. Oldest continually operated farmers market in North America now housed in a brand new energy efficient building, you'll find the best food on offer in Nova Scotia in a bustling atmosphere.
- 70.5 mi1496 Lower Water Street, Halifax, NS B3J Canada0.5 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens4 reviews
I *highly* recommend the Alexander Keith brewery tour! It's a fantastic experience to tour a historic building in Halifax and taste some delicious Nova Scotian beer. The tour guides dress up in old-fashioned garb and do a bit of fun role-play to make the experience a bit more "authentic", and you'll learn a ton of about the history of Halifax ...Popular with
- 80.35 mi1726 Argyle St, Halifax, NS B3J 2B6, Canada0.35 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens2 reviews
The "Dome" is a series of bars & club that are all attached to each other, thus making it a mesmerizing and never-ending drinking labyrinth. Filled with lots of students.Popular with
- 90.35 mi
- 100.39 mi1723 Barrington, Halifax, NS B3J 2A4, Canada0.39 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens1 review
The Freak Lunchbox is a Halifax institution! As a teen, just about every trip downtown consisted of at least one visit to Freak Lunchbox to get my hands on some imported or rare sweets. The freak has Halifax's best selection of imported candy, chocolate, fizzy drinks and even some kickass milkshakes... all you sweet tooths, beware!
- 110.39 mi5560 Morris St, Halifax, NS B3J 1C2, Canada0.39 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens1 review
If you're looking for international newspapers or niche magazines - this is place to go in Halifax. Bonus points because it's in a great neighbourhood.
- 120.39 mi
- 130.7 mi
- 140.36 mi
- 151.3 mi
- 162.3 mi
- 1719.55 miPeggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada19.55 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens5 reviews
This picture-perfect red-and-white lighthouse was built in 1914. It is made of reinforced concrete and stands almost 15 metres high. The lighthouse is one of the most-photographed structures in Atlantic Canada and one of the most recognizable lighthouses in the world.Popular with
- 1819.63 mi
- 1919.55 miPeggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada19.55 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens1 review
Experience the essence of Nova Scotia; A working fishing village, picturesque cove inlet, fishing boats, shops and galleries, rocky coastline, lighthouse, original old red schoolhouse, crashing ocean waves, but most importantly the natural pace of life here. It's only a 10min walk through the village but we suggest 2 hours to leisurely shop, snack, sightsee and experience the tranquil atmosphere ...
- 208.01 mi2248 Cow Bay Road, Cow Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada8.01 mi from The Halifax Public Gardens1 review
This beach holds a very special place in my heart - it's my childhood beach. I grew up a five-minute drive from here and have many fond memories of this gorgeous Nova Scotia beach. It's a great place for families on a summer day with lots of parking, a long sandy beach, a lifeguard on duty, toilet & shower facilities ...Popular with