The Imperial Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 75%Luxury Travelers
- 62%History Buffs
- 51%Spiritual Seekers
- 51%Green Travelers
- 51%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (6)
- The Imperial HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Dec 23, 2013
I love this elegant old place...it dates back to 1931, and it may very well be the oldest hotel in town. It certainly has all the "old world charm" you could ask for, plus courteous, non-intrusive staff and a few great restaurants, including an exceptional pan-Asian eatery. The pool is the best in town: it's humongous and has inbuilt fountains. There's also a fantastic spa onsite offering a wide variety of treatments.
- The Imperial HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Sep 27, 2013
If you enjoy high tea, visit the Imperial Hotel in New Delhi. They serve high tea everyday between 3 - 6 pm, 750+ Rs per person. Excellent tea, great atmosphere, and high class finger food. Their scones are amazing.
- The Imperial HotelMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersLuxury Travelers+ 2Apr 26, 2013
The Imperial Hotel is a classic in Delhi. It was built in 1931 and features a grandiose colonial architecture. Most standard rooms are spacious, comfortable, though the deco/fixtures are fading (as of 2008). The gardens are beautiful and service attentive. The vibe in the bar/restaurant was especially unpleasant for solo female travelers. Interestingly, the hotel has recently introduced a program geared towards the comfort of solo female travelers, The "‘Eliza’- A Unique Program for Single Lady Traveler". A good value, but on a solo trip, I would try something more modern.
Excellent!574 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance98% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel94% thought it was clean.
- Location91% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Food90% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- GroundsClean pool, said 88%.
- Wellness/Sportstop-notch fitness area, thought 83%.