The Inn at Restful Paws

70 Allen Hill Road, Holland, MA 01521

William Moorly
    5 Sep 27, 2013

Not only is The inn at Restful Paws completely dog friendly, it warmly caters to the needs of human companions as well. Many inns and hotels claim to be dog friendly, but this place truly is. Even though it's located easily off Route 90 in Holland, MA, you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere! The property is private and beautifully landscaped. The owners clearly thought out every minute detail before establishing Restful Paws, from marked areas complete with doggy poop bags where your dog can do his business to carefully catered (and daily changing) breakfast that is delivered to you each morning (with mini muffins for your dog!) The owners are approachable and on call for every need that you may have. They also offer dog sitting (where your dog is walked, fed, and dutifully cared for.) Bonus: there are tons of hiking trails surrounding the property. I truly felt as if I was staying with family during my time at Restful Paws. I hope to return and I highly recommend Restful Paws to anyone who wants a cozy place to stay with their pet.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    5 Dec 05, 2013

What a wonderful experience we had at Restful Paws....
    You will find very clean and lovely rooms, including a Gathering Room which has a very nice dining area, cozy fire place area, a small library, TV area, and a refrigerator filled with tasty snacks. A Microwave and very fine china is also available. A phone is also in the Gathering Room to contact the inn keepers when needed. THESE INN KEEPERS KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! In short, first class service with a smile. They really know how to make you feel at home! Oh and if you want to go out on the town-they also provide pet setting. A DOG SWIMMING POOL IS ALSO AVAILABLE. AN EXCELLENT CHOICE! I look forward to visiting again!

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily TravelersGreen TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    George
    5 Oct 25, 2013

Breakfast is always good - with more food than you could ever eat, and the dining table in the Gathering Room makes a comfortable place to eat any meal. Speaking of meals - it is SO nice to be able to order a sandwich or pizza from their small menu for lunch - and not have to go out into town to find something to eat! It makes it hard to relax if you have to go out into town for both lunch AND dinner. This is something we think other Inn's should consider doing. Nothing fancy - but everything is yummy!

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBackpackersBudget TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Angela Writ
    5 Sep 09, 2013

I've stayed at Restful Paws twice so far with my dog, who also loves it. The innkeepers - the Korny family - make it more than just a pleasant bed and breakfast. Their friendliness and warmth makes it feel like visiting family. The well appointed rooms, beautiful grounds (including more than a mile of walking trails) and common rooms provide the space and amenities to unwind. To top it off, the food is terrific - including the daily treats for my dog. I think of Restful Paws as my country home that I will visit as often as I can when I need to relax in a beautiful setting.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersNightlife LoversOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Katie Didjaro
    5 Sep 09, 2013

My husband, myself, and our bullmastiff stayed at this B&B for two nights and truly enjoyed the entire experience. To top it off, this B&B has an awsome air purifier to eliminated allergins and odors! Around every corner are treats, toys, literature, and something to do. We spent hours on the wooded trails and did obedience and agility training on the back lawn. Maria was wonderful with our bully. She lovingly cared for him and kept him entertained while we went out for dinner each night. At night, we curled up on the couch, watched t.v., while a fire crackled in the background and our dog curled up at our feet. Perfect.

Recommended for:Outdoor Enthusiasts
    Annette Beittlet
    5 Aug 28, 2013

For years my husband, our boxer and I have enjoyed visiting new Bed & Breakfasts. Because we live in New England and there are so many B&B's here - we never went to any of them more than once. Until Restful Paws. In the last 2 years we've been back 5 times - and we'll keep going back!

Kira, our boxer, is always greeted with love and playfulness. The innkeepers (whose private quarters are on a separate wing, which we think is genius - since it means they get privacy but are still close if you need something!) come over to the gathering room no less than 3 times a day to toss toys, give treats and just cuddle with Kira.

After Kira's knee surgery we decided to try water therapy - and knew it would be best to try it at Restful Paws. She is comfortable there, and with them, which we hoped would ease her fear of water. (For anyone that doesn't have a boxer - they sink like rocks!) Well, while Kira still hated it, she wasn’t scared. With all of their encouragement she did swim, and started to get some range of motion back, and because they were ready with a treat, toy, or cuddle, she was never traumatized. Now that she’s just had surgery on her other knee – there is no doubt she’ll be getting back in the pool this spring!

On to the grounds – They are beautiful - and SO private. The inn is off of a long, very quite back road, where there is little to no traffic. They are set on 30+ acres with new trails carved out each time we go back (and now agility equipment too!). Again, they did something that I think is genius and divided off some of the land so that Rosie, their pretty pooch, can have some land that is *hers*. It's hard for a dog to share all of their property with strange dogs, so this is really a great thing for her - and just goes to show that they really KNOW dogs.

Breakfast is always good - with more food than you could ever eat, and the dining table in the Gathering Room makes a comfortable place to eat any meal. Speaking of meals - it is SO nice to be able to order a sandwich or pizza from their small menu for lunch - and not have to go out into town to find something to eat! It makes it hard to relax if you have to go out into town for both lunch AND dinner. This is something we think other Inn's should consider doing. Nothing fancy - but everything is yummy.

We love this Inn, and we love the Inn Keepers!

Recommended for:Business TravelersGreen TravelersFamily TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Alice Mettly

Recommended for:Green TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Patricia Piever
    5 Aug 12, 2013

The Inn at Restful Paws is beautiful - and SO private. The inn is off of a long, very quite back road, where there is little to no traffic. They are set on 30+ acres with new trails carved out each time we go back (and now agility equipment too!). Again, they did something that I think is genius and divided off some of the land so that Rosie, their pretty pooch, can have some land that is *hers*. It's hard for a dog to share all of their property with strange dogs, so this is really a great thing for her - and just goes to show that they really KNOW dogs.

We love this Inn, and we love the Inn Keepers!

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBusiness TravelersGreen TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Josh Amour
    5 Aug 28, 2013

My dog Emma and I just got back from the most delightful 2 night stay at the Inn at Restful Paws in Holland MA. What a unique and wonderful experience this was. Everything at the Inn and the surrounding grounds are geared for you and your dog to have a great time.

There are trails to hike on and Rosie B's has a bone shaped indoor pool (for dogs only) that Emma really enjoyed. After her swim, Emma was dried with hot towels! Now I know what they mean by a dog's life!!! Ray, Barbara and Maria are outstanding hosts and we were made to feel so welcome (like family), that we didn't want to leave! The place is immaculate. No doggie odor or hair anywhere.

Plus, they've thought of everything, as only true dog lovers can. The waste baskets in the rooms are all covered, so that the dogs can't get in the garbage and a heavy duty flashlight is kept right by the door in case you have to take your pooch out for a late night potty run. The windows in the common area were built low to the ground so little dogs can prop themselves up and check out the scenery! The rooms are all tastefully decorated and the beds are very comfy. Just ask Emma. She slept...well...like a dog!

Dog Moms and Dads are treated like royalty too. Each morning I was given a basket of food which included assorted muffins, hot breakfast or lunch items, fruit and juice. Very yummy! Coffee is available in your room. The basket was so elegantly set up. Everything was wrapped and labeled individually.

Emma even got a little doggie muffin each morning which had her name right on the wrapper! Did she look forward to that! It's personal touches like this that rate the Inn at Restful Paws # 1 with us. If you're like me and enjoying traveling with your dog, check this place out. You won't be sorry! Thanks again for everything you guys and keep the light on for us! We will definitely be back.

Recommended for:Green TravelersFamily Travelers
    Shawnna Delima
    5 Aug 28, 2013

My husband and I just spent an awesome time at The Inn at Restful Paws in Holland with our 3 Pomeranians. The pricing was more than fair and the breakfast was awesome. Our one Pomeranians has some behavior issues since she was a rescue and she seemed to do just fine. Swimming was so fun and my husband and I had a blast watching them in the pool. Can't wait to go back!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersGreen Travelers
    Caron Cares
    5 Aug 15, 2013

My wife and I along with our 3 dogs (and 1 cat!) have been staying at Restful Paws for the past four years and each time we've always been impressed with the service and accommodations. The Korny family have always made sure to take care of our needs and the needs of our pets. Every single night we've been there, they've put our needs first and they've taken care of our pets with great care. Our dogs love being here. You can see how they enjoy the nature trails and they're very comfortable with the staff. Wholeheartedly and without reservation I recommend staying at this place if you're looking to visit the Sturbridge area with your pets.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersGreen TravelersFamily Travelers
    Ora Warst
    5 Aug 12, 2013

Its a gorgeous country setting with well groomed trails through the forest where one can truly have fun with their pets. Fresh well water with bowls is provided along the trail. Plenty of room for exercise. THE INN is absolutely tops. The rooms are decorated with style. The bedding is rich and the comfort is grand.At the foot of the bed you will find a luxurious doggy bed and doggy throw. Bowls are furnished for your pets food and water.Your pet receives a treat for breakfast with their name on it. Adjacent to the rooms you will find the Gathering Room which has a very nice dining area,cozy fire place setting area, a small library, TV area, and a refrigerator filled with tasty snacks. Microwave and very fine CHINA is also available. A phone is also in the Gathering Room to contact the INN KEEPERS when needed. THE INN KEEPERS know what they are doing! In short, first class service with a smile. They know how to make you feel at home. Oh and if you want to go out on the town-they also provide pet setting. A DOG SWIMMING POOL IS AVAILABLE. AN EXCELLENT CHOICE.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBudget TravelersBusiness TravelersWellness

Warning: This hotel is under investigation for potential fraudulent review activity.

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed

Fair18 reviews across the web.

• Food
      100% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
    • Room
      100% said the beds were comfortable.
    • Service