The James New York - So Ho
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 88%Luxury Travelers
- 87%Art & Design Lovers
- 75%Nightlife Lovers
- 75%Family Travelers
- 63%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (6)Write a review
- The James New York - So HoMember ofLocal CultureFamily TravelersLuxury Travelers
This is a gem of a hotel in Soho. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the rooms are modern with dramatic windows (although the view isn't particularly noteworthy), and the rooftop pool make this my new favorite hotel in NYC. Be warned that the pool is tiny, so if you're traveling with kids, they should only expect to splash around. Two things that I'd love to see changed: the pool closes at 5pm, but the bar doesn't open 'til 5pm, so there's no way to enjoy the rooftop with a drink or snack from Jimmy until after the kids are done playing in the pool.Recommended for:
- The James New York - So HoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4First to Review
Lovely modern boutique property located at the southern edge of Soho. Service is good and the rooftop bar is one of the better places to grab a drink in the city.Recommended for:
- The James New York - So Ho
- The James New York - So Ho
Sleek and modern boutique hotel in an up and coming neighborhood downtown. Rooms are of standard New York size, but the dining and entertaining is what makes it stand out. With the exlclusive Jimmy Bar located on the rooftop, and David Burke's newest restaurant on the bottom, this hotel is definitely best suited for those who like to wine and dine at their hotel.
The James New York also features the award-winning David Burke Kitchen, rooftop bar and lounge Jimmy, unique flexible meeting and event space, as well as curated artwork throughout the hotel.
Like its sister properties in Chicago and Miami, The James New York offers complimentary WiFi, complimentary triple-distilled in-room water and local area transportation options including bikes and car service.
The James New York is a non-smoking property.
Summer check-in hours are 2pm check-in/12pm check-out. Applicable for stays through August 17, 2014.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- TV In Room
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
Excellent!642 reviews across the web.
- This is a wonderful boutique hotel, as guests say.
- This is a wonderful design hotel, as guests say.
- Location99% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Room97% thought the view was good.
- Ambiance96% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Restaurant86% were happy with the price.
- Hotel77% thought it was clean.