Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 70%Local Culture
- 70%Business Travelers
- 70%Family Travelers
- 61%Spiritual Seekers
User Reviews (10 Reviews)
- The King DavidMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Oct 29, 2013
Quite simply the place to stay in Jerusalem. The hotel is gorgeous, and really world class. Interesting history here, when the Irgun blew up one wing of the hotel in the 1940s.
- The King DavidMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesLuxury Travelers+ 1Sep 11, 2013
Widely considered to be the top hotel in Jerusalem but in recent years resting on its laurels. If you can get one of the renovated rooms or suites facing the Old City, the views are superb - but in my opinion at a price which is more than you need pay for somewhere else with equivalent or better standards of luxury. Naturally this tends to be the place where visiting heads of state or other major foreign delegations tend to stay; this can be disruptive if you're there at the same time. On an historical note, the building was the HQ for the British during the Palestinian Mandate. The pool is fabulous and a welcome respite after a day's sightseeing in the city. The place also has a reputation as a matchmaking venue for pushy Brooklyn and Manhattan mums looking for well-heeled spouses for their offspring - quite amusing to witness.
- The King DavidMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 3First to ReviewAug 02, 2013
This hotel is in my heart...
It is beyond Special.
The location is great and if you are able and can afford it than book an Old City View room.
I would go back anytime!!!
Outstanding!408 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds. 96% of guests enjoyed it.
- Food95% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Bar and BeveragesNon-alcoholic drinks were great, said 88%.
- HotelHotel is great. 88% of the guests liked it.
- Service88% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building. 84% satisfied guests.