The Magnificent Mile
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 65%Business Travelers
- 63%Art & Design Lovers
- 63%Family Travelers
- 60%Local Culture
- 53%History Buffs
Member Reviews (83)
- The Magnificent MileMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Jan 24, 2014
New York has 5th Avenue. LA has Rodeo Drive. Chicago has the Mag Mile. Those with money to spend will have plenty of choices, with shops like Burberry, Armani and Tiffany's lining the street. Start at the Old Water Tower building then work your way south towards the river. Once you've shopped your heart out, you can take a well deserved break in Millennium Park.
- The Magnificent MileMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14Jan 16, 2014
Not only interesting due to presence of numerous shops, cafes, beautiful architecture but you won't get tired walking the so called mile due to the ambiance. I was fortunate that our hotel was located right on the Mile :) TheMagnificent Mile is located in close proximity to public transit.
- The Magnificent MileMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Nov 05, 2013
Fans of historic architecture won't want to miss a walk down the Magnificent Mile, a prominent section of Michigan Avenue. In addition to the rows of upscale shops at ground level, don't forget to look up at some of the most famous buildings in the city - the Trump Tower, the John Hancock Center, the Wrigley Building, the Tribune Tower and the Chicago Water Tower.Recommended for:Art & Design Lovers
- The Magnificent Mile
- The Magnificent MileMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 6Jan 14, 2014
The Magnificent Mile a.k.a. North Michigan Ave is the "Fifth Ave" of Chicago. The area is a shopper's delight and it offers a broad range of retail stores from American Eagle Outfitters to Armani Exchange. There is something for everyone.
- The Magnificent MileMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Aug 12, 2013
This is a must stop if you are in Chicago for the first time. Shop at some of the high end stores or dine at some of the top restaurants. In the summer, there are beautiful gardens that line the Magnificent Mile. During the holiday season, massive amounts of lights adorn the trees. It's quite a sight!
- The Magnificent MileMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 7Jul 31, 2013
Like most of Chicago, everything is pretty big as is this street which is unusually
wide by most major city standards. It's lined up with huge buildings and loads of shopping.
- The Magnificent MileMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Mar 27, 2013
Go to Magnificent Mile for some nice shopping while in Chicago. They have some nice upscale shops and restaurants here and it is very close to other known Chicago attraction.