The Mansion on O Street
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Nightlife Lovers
Member Reviews (4)
- The Mansion on O StreetOct 28, 2013
I think it’s safe to say there is nothing else like this place. Over 100 rooms hide behind an ordinary row house door off of Dupont Circle. Museum or flea market? Hard to say. Soaring ceilings and sparkling chandeliers, ceramic cat statues and cardboard boxes covered in packing tape. With rates starting at $350 a night and topping out at $25,000 (not a typo, but includes use of the entire mansion) it’s an experience you likely won’t forget quickly. Critics say every flat surface is covered (true) and it’s dusty and dirty (not true). Some say the food isn’t worth the money – they recognized the Little Debbie snack cakes and leftovers from another party. When I went to a party here, I loved the food. Would I have loved it if I paid for it? Perhaps not. If you're unsure, stop by and see for yourself. But bring cash -- self-guided tours are $7 per person.
- The Mansion on O StreetMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersGreen Travelers+ 1Dec 08, 2012
Very cool, eclectic hotel in the heart of Dupont Circle. Each room has a different "theme" and my favorite (by far) is the "cowboy room". It's a ranch-style, 2-story loft room with an enormous saltwater fish tank separating the bed from the bathroom - AMAZING! It's also possible to book meeting rooms here and just hang out for the day, exploring the secret passageways and eating gourmet snacks!
- The Mansion on O Street
- The Mansion on O StreetJul 04, 2012
This is one of the neatest hotels I've stayed at in DC. It is a small bed and breakfast that has water beds in the rooms and an accessible kitchen on the top floor and many books that you can borrow and read. It is more of a home than a hotel which is the best thing about it. Its not too far from the U Street Corridor.
Very Good!37 reviews across the web.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- HotelHotel is great. 82% of the guests liked it.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 75% of guests mentioned it positively.
- RoomNice rooms. 70% of guests mentioned it positively.
- Hotel BuildingAcceptable building. Only 67% of guests had positive things to say about it.
- LocationLocation is acceptable. Only 64% of guests gave positive feedback.