The NoMad Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 87%Luxury Travelers
- 75%Art & Design Lovers
- 75%Business Travelers
- 63%Nightlife Lovers
- 51%Local Culture
Member Reviews (9)
- The NoMad HotelAmbassadorMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Aug 15, 2013
Located in a former dingy area of questionable wholesalers and obscure souvenirs shops, the recently opened NoMad Hotel is housed in a magnificent turn of the century Beaux-Arts building, fully restored to its original grandeur. The stunning dining atrium, mysterious bar and library room are some of the reasons trendy downtowners shifted their whereabouts to NOrth of MADison Square Park. I absolutely loved the decor that instantly catapulted me to Paris, however the prices for snacks in the library made me go: yikes!
- The NoMad HotelMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 3Aug 02, 2013
So I just stayed here last week.
The location of this hotel is great!!
Subway 2 blocks down and a 10 minute walk to Times Square or the heart of Chelsea.
My first impression when I walked in was that is is "dark".
By that I mean I could not see a thing and it was at 1pm.
Beyond the darkness there is a sleek, modern feel that I love!
The clean, modern decor is exactly my taste.
The staff is hip and attentive.
This is on my "Best of the Best" list!!!
- The NoMad HotelMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 5Feb 19, 2014
A great new hotel in an unlikely location, the Nomad is definitely a current hot spot and the restaurant is home to the city's most popular roast chicken. I am giving four stars instead of five because my husband and I both found the famous chicken to be wildly salty and I found my cocktail to be undrinkable, but having said that, I am a fan of the Nomad's decor and laid-back chic attitude and I'll definitely be back.
- The NoMad HotelCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2First to ReviewMay 02, 2013
The new hot hotel (and 5-star restaurant) in NYC. Super glamourous and top-notch service. The truffle chicken is a famous dish that all of the locals are talking about.
The decor of this hotel is impeccable... incredibly luxurious and oozing super chic glam.
- The NoMad HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 6Dec 10, 2012
Great place to grab a drink before/after dinner, especially in the Library, a couple cocktails feature this Venezuelan rum which is delicious. The restaurant looks like it would be good to. Will definitely be back.
Excellent!634 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance98% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 97%.
- Service94% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- Food82% loved the dining experience.
- Room75% were happy with the bathroom.