The Penthouse

1111 Second Street, Santa Monica, CA

• The PenthousePro 2014

I agree with Tara, my friend who said this is best DineLA experience. I had to agree with her. The brunch for DineLA was only $20 that get you 3 courses (Appetizer, Entree, and Dessert) at top you get compliment of breads. Food here is 4 stars in my book, but the atmopsher is a 5 Stars! breathtaking view of Santa Monica Beach, even the bathroom has that view too. There's only valet parking, price isn't bad with the restaurant validation. Even dog is allow here, almost perfect just wish the food is slight better. But no complain it is worth 5 star in my book.

• The PenthousePro 2014

My highlight of that restaurant was the GORGEOUS view from the handicap bathroom... makes me wonder if the people from other building could see me while I sit there.

You are definitely paying for the view, make sure to take their famous glass elevator that is located on the left side when you enter.

We ordered the brunch special that came with bottomless mimosa and spicy bloody mary! For our entre my friend got the Truffle Omelet and I ordered the Filet. They were both yummy but it's nothing to go crazy over. Presentation was nice and the amount was large enough to fill me up. We also got two deserts. One had cream puffs drizzled with chocolate and another with marshmallow infused ice cream with fudge on the side. The fudge desert is a must!

The service was a bit slow in the end. I still had a great time cuz my friend is awesome and the view is nice.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversBusiness TravelersFoodiesLuxury Travelers

Oh, you so fancy!

DINE LA Restaurant Week

Located at the top of the Huntley Hotel, The Penthouse restaurant has beautiful views of the beach & the city of Santa Monica.

The best views are probably from the restrooms. A craptacular view greets those in the men's room.

Inside, swanky decor & table settings greet all who perchance to dine here.

Bread plates greeted us, with butter & various jams/honey.

My DINE LA lunch menu consisted of-
    Crabcake, w/ celery salad & remoulade sauce
    Made with real crab, the crab cake wasn't greasy. Crispy exterior, with flaky pieces of sweet crabmeat on the inside, the crab cake was a delightful starter. The celery salad & remoulade sauce were excellent pairings.

Crispy skin salmon
    Artichoke barigoule, oven-dried tomatoes, roasted fingerling potatoes & lima beans dressing up the star of the show, the salmon. This entree was a winner! Perfectly cooked salmon, complete with the delectable crunchy skin. All the components coming together to make an ensemble culinary "tour-de-force".

Clover, cold-pressed juice
    Gotta have more greens in my diet. The clover has various green ingredients in it, including kale. Very light & refreshing, it isn't something for someone looking for something sweet. It's more like a ginormous wheat grass shot.

Dessert, warm chocolate blackout cake
    Burnt caramel ice cream, coffee crumbs & malt over a moist on the inside chocolate lava cake. Very rich, very decadent. Delicious through & through, each bite making me thirsty for water. Good thing it's not served in bigger sizes, as my ass would have more dimples than a golfball.

Service was good. I was in a party of 12, but our food came out in a pretty timely manner. Parking is valet, with the first 3 validated hours/$6 & every hour after $5. Metered parking is available as well.

Knowing that the views are the highlight & part of the cost of coming here, I found the food to be equally worthy of center stage. DINE LA was the perfect opportunity to come try the menu at The Penthouse & I do hope to come back for another get-together or special occasion.

Highly recommend!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
  • The Penthouse

The Penthouse makes for a great place to have a drink or two before heading out to dinner. Located at the Huntley, this gorgeous ultra-lounge, 18 stories up, offers a sweeping 360º views of the Pacific Ocean, Malibu, the South Bay, downtown LA and Hollywood Hills. Come here for delicious cocktails – I suggest the addictive Bellini. Happy Hour weekdays from 4 – 7 is a magical time to go – what could be better than sharing a view of Santa Monica’s legendary sunset in a stunning space, with friends and a yummy cocktail in hand? 1111 2nd St., Santa Monica.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFoodies
  • The PenthousePro 2014

GREAT $20 DineLA lunch especially with the view and decor of this lovely restaurant!

You get a Starter, Entree, and Dessert. Such an awesome deal!

I chose:

Starter - Vine Ripened Gazpacho - This was a chilled tomato soup with chunks of avocado and croutons. This was OK, I should've ordered the Crab Cakes like everyone else.

Entree - Crispy Skin Salmon - This was so delicious. The SKIN part was amazing and the fish tender. There were also artichokes, fingerling potatoes, and tomatoes. Love artichoke!

Dessert - Chocolate Lava Cake - Really decadent, but I appreciated that the inside wasn't too molten. It also comes with a small scoop of ice cream.

I also tried the Creme Brulee and it was delicious too with the crispy top.

Check out the view from the handicap stall from the ladies' room!

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • The PenthouseAmbassadorPro 2014

A luxe dine la experience at the penthouse at Huntley hotel in Santa Monica. The views and ambience are spectacular, and the food fits the decor. The lunch is an amazing deal for 25 dollars. I started with a crab cake- delicious, very little filler. The crispy skin salmon was spectacular- moist on the inside, and the highlight was the crispy skin. For dessert - creme brûlée. I was too full to finish but it was a great ending to an amazing experience!

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersFoodies
  • The PenthouseAmbassador

The Penthouse has not disappointed on either of my visits! Both times, the service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the views are always gorgeous.

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersFoodiesTrendsters
  • The PenthousePro 2014

Another DineLa week, and this time we come here for lunch at The Penthouse in Santa Monica.

The view is spectacular and the furniture and design is pretty like its from a Victorian age.

Got the jist pretty easy with a three course meal starting with my order of crab cake.

It is made pretty authentic with real crab so it doesn't have that imitation taste in a nice sauce.

The entree I got was the salmon skin over some veggies and it tastes pretty good and I just wish I had more skin because that was the best part.

I got the profiteroles for dessert and it was a breading with icecream and cream on the side with hot chocolate to drizzle it over.

Overall it was good for the price for lunch, I wouldn't expect more since you are basically paying for the view.

Valet is 4-6 for 2hours.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • The PenthouseCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014

The food is great here, but you come here more so for the ambience and the stunning 360 view of LA. A secret tip is to head to the ladies room for a gorgeous ocean view from the Santa Monica beaches. As for food - the crab cakes are one of the best I've had and the salmon was quite good. I'll definitely be back to check out the sunset and for the dinner!

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife LoversTrendsters
  • The PenthousePro 2014

The penthouse would of gotten a lot higher rating from me had it not been for the restaurant manager !
    I had an issue trying to get a table with four of my girls to try out the brunch menu at the Huntly Hotel's Penthouse, and if not for travelzoo I probably never would of heard of the Penthouse!

I called a couple of different occasions to make reservations and each time it was "booked out"! i noticed that my travel zoo deal was going to expired so I called again last week to make a reservation and lady on the phone said it was booked due to all the different Groupon deals - So i felt a bit annoyed because she never offer me an extended date to use the Travel Zoo deal. She finally transferred me to the Manager when i asked what i should do if my deal expires next week !

He was very condescending and was rude about helping me squeezed in for the reservation. I was nice about out conversation and i literally heard him "uh" with a loud sigh ! I was so close to just cancelled but my gfs and I been wanting to try out Penthouse for awhile now!

Now the experience at the huntly, Penthouse-
    all parties had to arrive or else you will be place on the side for a 2 hour wait ?

View - was breathtaking!
    Our server is amazing! So charming with his words and just so kind that even certain hold up made it everything ok! good job!
    food- looked like small portion but a good amount to keep you satisfy.
    dessert- yum yum!

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
  • The Penthouse

great restaurant/bar! definitely get a seat where you a view of Santa Monica! It is beautiful at night, I can only imagine the sunset views! The food and drinks are what you expect from a hotel bar....expensive

• The Penthouse

The Penthouse has a five star ambiance and is beautifully decorated. It's a bit pricey but for a special time and unique experience it's a must visit for the first time traveler. The views are unsurpassed and on a clear day one can see clear down the Wilshire Corridor to downtown Los Angeles. As a local I love to take my visiting friends here.

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersNightlife LoversTrendsters
  • The Penthouse

A fabulous brunch is what you'll get at The Penthouse. And you might also happen to do some Brunching With The Stars. After all, Sunday Funday in Santa Monica isn't complete without celebrity sightings. We happened to be BWTS with Brooke Burke, David Charvet and their cute kiddos.

If you can score a table by a window facing west, you'll get an incredible view of the ocean. The large canopied booths are perfect for parties of 5-7. If a table isn't available, grab a seat at their large oval bar.

While I can't speak for anything but brunch, I can say that the food was really tasty and very reasonable considering its swank location on the 18th floor of The Huntley Hotel. Between the three of us, our bill came out to just over $100 which included mimosas.

Loved the complimentary mini fried donuts/beignets that we also watched getting made. The crab cakes were all crab - so delicious. My mushroom and aged gruyere omelette was cooked perfectly as were the potatoes. Everyone enjoyed their dishes and polished their plates.

Service was served with a smile, and they were accommodating to every request. No air of pretentiousness which is refreshing, especially at a luxe hotspot like this.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife LoversTrendsters
  • The Penthouse

The Penthouse is a great bar at the Huntley Hotel in Santa Monica. Expect a trendy crowd and atmosphere at this beautiful hotel. Dress well and expect a generally good-looking crowd. Cougars known to be spotted here on occasion :-) Sadly, don't order the Dirty Martini here. It was the saltiest thing I've every had in my life! Cosmos are yummy though.

Recommended for:Trendsters
  • The Penthouse

This is my go-to restaurant in LA for special occasions. I've been for multiple birthdays and my LA bachelorette dinner. The cocktails are delicious and the steaks are fabulous. Only a $25 corkage fee--so bring your own yummy wine!

• The Penthouse

An excellent spot to have brunch or dinner as the sun sets. It has an amazing view. Also great place to hold a small gathering. I had my birthday party there and it was a lot of fun.

• The PenthousePro 2014

This is classy Santa Monica dining. Don't mistake it. Your wallet won't atleast. There aren't many restaurants with this top floor ocean view. Couple that with bottomless mimosas and bloody marys for an unparalleled brunch experience.

The Huntley Hotel, which houses the Penthouse is a gleaming example of luxury built atop luxury. There are 3 elevators to get to the top, one which has a scenic oceanview window. Might as well cuz well, you're paying for it. Elevator doors open to a gleaming white room, 2nd in blinding illuminance to the Botega Louie in DTLA (another awkwardly white decor). Fellow neighboring diners weren't of the pretentious type at all. To one side we had 2 nice older ladies having a brunch date, and on the other we had a party of 4 that were awestruck at the amount of desserts that my partner and I were ordering. Sometimes I don't know what to wear to fancy places like this, but you'll feel right at home with jeans and a collared shirt.

-=-For the Nooner Drinky Types-=- Mimosas were standard fare. I really don't think there's any way to mess those up anyway. I asked to try it with cranberry juice for a whirl and they were happy to accommodate me. Bloody Marys were potently spicy. Not my cup of tea, but it could certainly be yours.

-=-Filet (rare)-=- A highlight on the menu and words that are songs to my ears. Great on paper, but not so much for execution. A rare order came out more medium. Peppercorn dressing did not provide a sufficient zing that meat sauces usually need. Frites were lightly seasoned wedges and nothing to write home about. Pass on this or prepare to be disappointed.

-=-Black Truffle Omelette-=- A bit more of a unique plate that I'm glad we tried. This was more of a mushroom omelette than anything else. Ricotta was on the light side as well as the truffle cream. The higher price tag on this certain omelette was probably not worth the premium over the other omelettes though.

-=-Dessert: Profiteroles-=- Fancy name for a creme puff. Didn't make my day. If my favorite part was the vanilla bean ice cream, then I'd be happy getting just ice cream over this.

-=-Dessert: Butter Truffle-=- This was good. Not to die for, but I'm not a dessert person by any means. The toasted marshmallow ice cream was the highlight here. The fudge stick was also a good richness and would satisfy a sweet tooth. This was worth the Dessert Round 2.

Service was friendly and with a smile, but could have been better. Most of the people that were around us were crying for attention at times. We did get checked up on here and there, but customer service shouldn't be this questionable at a seemingly high-end.

• The Penthouse

Fabulous brunch spot! Got the Travelzoo Local Deal for an app, entree and bottomless mimosas for 2. It was delicious. The view is spectacular and the waiter was super friendly and always kept my mimosa filled, did not have to ask once! We got the fruit bowl, assorted pastries, huevos rancheros and waffles with strawberries. My friend could not finish her waffles so I tried them and could not put my fork down! Yum, yum! I looked at the regular menu as well and the brunch items are not very expensive if you don't have a coupon, range is $12-$20. So this place is HIGHLY recommended for a fancy brunch with yummy food and flowing drinks :)

• The Penthouse

So torn between 3.5 stars or 4 stars.
    What a beautiful restaurant located in the top level with their spectacular view with such view of Santa Monica and the ocean on one side, and the Los Angeles and Hills on another angle! On a clear day, The view is just amazing! The restaurant is located inside of The Huntley Hotel- which is a cute, small, upscale hotel.

The food.. is average. It's beautiful to look at but when you put it in your mouth, it seems like something spectacular is missing because I had such high hopes coming in here on my first time.
    I recently came back again with my family for brunch. The food is still average, but service was exceptional! We got a nice cabana seating with a great, beautiful view over Santa Monica!

The food...
    FILLET MIGNON: It was very good, but not greatest! It came with huge French fries potato.
    SEA BASS: tender but bland taste.
    SHORT RIBS OMELET: This was the best tasting dish. Special of the day. The tender marinated short ribs really gave the omelet a kick!

SALMON: Tender but yet nothing too ordinary about it and tastes bland.

They're desserts are pretty good. Not too sweet, but small portion and pricey, $9 each!
    DESSERTS: Was disappointed they were out of the Pannacotta which is earl grey ice cream, almond and Lavender.
    CRÈME BRULEE : Vanilla
    BANANA SPLIT: vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice cream with toppings, (banana)
    CHOCOLATE & PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLE: Toasted marshmallow ice cream & Toffee pretzels

Overall, My experiences at Penthouse with their service and decor is always a 4 stars.
    The noise level is HIGH! 1 star
    Food and dessert 3 stars.
    Valet parking is $6 at the hotel.

My recommendations is it's a good place for a group of friends to get together gathering and be impressed with the ambiance and the view and not for their food.

Friday Night Bar Area review

I would have never known about this place if my friend hadn't introduce me to it. It's inside the Huntley Hotel (top floor).

My vodka Tonic was $12, Bartenders were fast and made decent drinks.

A great group - a nice mix of ages and ethnicities. I would say the age range was 25 to 40.

DJ spinning. Fun little spot in Santa Monic