The Plantation House

2000 Plantation Club Dr, Lahaina, HI 96761

Dee
    5 May 08, 2014

Impeccable service, farm-fresh food, upscale award-winning regional cuisine, fresh fish and organic produce.

• The Plantation HouseAmbassador
    Tara Carberry
    5 May 23, 2013

Amazing food and service. We went here twice on our trip for two special dinners. First of all, the place is stunning: a large pineapple plantation house situated on hill, now converted into a golf club and restaurant. We requested a table with a view and we were seated in a corner of the large and luxurious dining room, next to French doors and a view on two sides.

I'll try to list all the items I tried here, although they may be out of order. As a starter, I tried the Plantation House Wedge: a wedge of Waipoli Farms Romaine Junior, Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, Kapalua Toy Tomatoes, and Artisinal Bleu Cheese Vinaigrette. It was good, but I would have preferred the more traditional iceberg wedge; the Romaine lying on the plate just wasn't the same. I definitely like my bf's app of calamari and it was a very generous portion! On our second visit, I had the Panko Crusted Goat Cheese, which is served with Mixed Kula Greens, Kapalua Tomatoes, Greek Olives, Maui Onions, and a Passion Fruit Vinaigrette. I love goat cheese, and the salad was a needed contrast to the fried richness of the cheese. A decent app, but not my favorite on this trip. The bf's Caesar salad was quite good though, with actual anchovy on top.

I was determined to have seafood at every dinner during the vacation, so I had the daily fish at both dinners, cooked in one of the restaurants signature preparations. The first time, I had mahi cooked in "A Taste of Venice" style: Panko Pressed Hawaiian Catch on Shrimp, Asparagus, Sugar peas, and Orzo, finished with Golden Raisins and toasted Pine Nuts. The raisins and pine nuts gave this dish a very unique flavor, and I really enjoyed the orzo. On the second trip, I had the Hawaiian fish monchong in "A Taste of the Mediterranean" style: Maui Onion Mustard Crusted Hawaiian Catch on Roasted Maui Onions and Mediterranean Couscous (which I swapped out for more of the orzo), finished with Fried Capers. I am now a huge fan of fried capers, and the juices in this dish were amazing.

For desserts, we tried the Chocolate Cherry Bread Pudding one night, and the Brownie Sundae the other night. The bread pudding was heavenly; I must find a recipe for that. Cocktails and the wine selection here are also great. I know I tried the Plantation House "Famous" Bloody Mary, garnished with a homemade pickled asparagus spear, the sangria, and some kind of pineapple martini. The bread here is a bit disappointing though.

For your special/last dinner on the island, Plantation House can really make your night, so put aside the shorts and flipflops for the evening, get dressed up, and bring your appetite. It is also a great setting for sunset photos with the family or dinner date, so be sure to bring your camera.

Megan
    5 May 09, 2013

Recently renovated and under new ownership, the Plantation House boasts the most gorgeous views over the Plantation Golf Course! Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you can't go wrong! stunning!

Amy Beal

I had dinner here years ago when I was fresh out of college and had little budget to spare. We decided to splurge on dinner here, and it's still one of our most memorable meals. All I remember is that the staff was really nice, the ambiance was romantic, and the bacon-wrapped scallops were delicious.

Cynthia Corpuz

This is on the northern end of the island nestled on the Kapalua Golf Course. Great views, and great food. Perfect for a romantic dinner or brunch. More upscale than most restaurants on the island, but it's some of the best fish I've had prepared on Maui, and for the price, it was well worth it.

Julie K

I was introduced to this establishment the first time I went to Maui. And now, every time I go back to Maui, breakfast at the Plantation House is a must-do.

The Plantation House Restaurant is situated on the beautiful green slopes of Kapalua, in the middle of a world-class golf course. The views of the ocean from here are amazing, and the open style of the architecture encourages full enjoyment of the stunning vistas as well as the gentle breezes.

My favorite breakfast, and quite honestly the only one I've ever ordered here (why mess with perfection?), is the crabcakes eggs benedict. And, I always have to order the pineapple plate as well. Their incredibly fresh pineapple is accompanied by a delicious sauce--a mixture of brown sugar and sour cream, I believe. Whatever it is, it's addicting.

Although I've never been here for any meal other than breakfast, I can only imagine it would also be an incredible spot for dinner. I'm sure the sunset from here is stunning.

Trevor A
    5 May 11, 2014

Great food and drinks at the golf course in Kapalua.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFoodiesNightlife LoversOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Joan H
    5 Dec 21, 2013

Unbeatable views. Go during the day to enjoy them.

John M
    5 Nov 02, 2013

Best sunset view in all of Maui, and possibly all of Hawai'i. Food is very good, cost reasonable.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersBusiness TravelersFamily TravelersLuxury Travelers
    Walter R
    5 May 27, 2013

My favorite place for breakfast!

Kent K